Mauser action rifles

Mauser action rifles

This is a discussion on Mauser action rifles within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I've got a question for you guys. I don't know where I heard or if I heard correctly, but someone told me ( quite a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mauser action rifles

I've got a question for you guys. I don't know where I heard or if I heard correctly, but someone told me ( quite a while ago ) or I read somewhere that Blaser Rifles are very closely based off of actual german Mausers.
    That being said I understand that there are a lot of rifles based off the masuer. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is there any one out there that's like a Lexus to Toyota or Acura to Honda when it comes to Mauser?

Hopefully that makes sense, my apologies if it doesn't.

Thanks

There is LOSOK, Mark Lammers (mlammers on this site) He is the Ferrari of Mausers, at the Toyota price. :wink:

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

i second that

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Hmm...sorry, but that's not what I meant, I guess I'm asking is does Mauser own anyone that would make their rifles (more or less) at a much more affordable price?
    Something like CZ or maybe Blaser?
    does that make more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Estorilroc
    Hmm...sorry, but that's not what I meant, I guess I'm asking is does Mauser own anyone that would make their rifles (more or less) at a much more affordable price?
    Something like CZ or maybe Blaser?
    does that make more sense?
    SIG owns Blaser

CZ makes nice solid actions based on the masuer action, dont know if mauser owns any companies that make mauser style actions though

The mauser action, designed by Paul Mauser,was a very revolutionary action in 1893, when it was introduced.It has been imitated by many manufacturers, in one form or another.The US Army, after great loss in the Spanish - American war, patterned it's 1903 Springfield rifle after the spanish mausers, and their stripper clip feed system. Many commercial actions, maybe most, either directly or indirectly, exactly or loose copy, are based on the Model 98 Mauser.Granted most are made by more modern methods , either to ease assembly, save money,or to add features not ordinarily associated with Mauser military rifles. Rugers 77s and Winchester 70s are close copies.

That said,all the Blasers I've seen are a bit of a departure from the 98 action.Some of them are single shot breakdown rifles, like the NEF Handi-rifle. The Blaser Tactical is a pretty cool looking rifle , but looks to be quite a bit different than the Mauser 98. JMHO.

Jeff

I posted a bit late for your heads up.I doubt there is a better Mauser based rifle than the CZ for the price, in a 98 type action,But if you are looking for a cheap Blaser, it probably won't happen.Your best bet for a custom Mauser is probably one of LOSOK' reworked military actions, for the price and quality.

There are a few companies that use the Mauser type action, But Mauser is just that, a type of action design, much like there are companies other than Remington that make actions based on the Remington 700 design. It is the same with the Ruger 10/22 as well.

Mark, let me know if I am wrong here.

ETA: Looks like Jeff and I were on the button at the same time.

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

...wow, I reply and all of a sudden there are 5-6 more posts, haha.

Thanks for all the info guys, I was just curious to see if there was a next best thing and closest thing to owning an actual current mauser.

I was looking at CZ and they seem to have some very nice looking rifles, anyone know more about these guys? Or where I can get more info aside from the website itself.

I was thinking of this one...

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=47

in a .223, I'd probably go for it after my Rem 700VSF and Mitchell Mauser K98.

i own 2 CZ rifles, both are 452's (rimfire)
    a .22 LR and a .17 HMR, love them, both shoot great, are smooth actions, good quality, trigger on both are as crisp and smooth, just as good as my timney trigger on my SC
    i have handled their centerfire rifles and was impressed

http://www.snipercentral.com/cz527.htm

if i am going to get another new factory bolt action rifle it'll likely be a CZ
    actually unfortunate that i dont need another factory bolt action cause i want a CZ 527 lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads