Sig Sauer P229 Elite (9MM)

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer P229 Elite (9MM) within the Sidearms / Shotguns forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Welli went and got my orders to pick up a spiffy new Sig P229 Elite. I originally wanted it in .40 but they didnt have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Welli went and got my orders to pick up a spiffy new Sig P229 Elite. I originally wanted it in .40 but they didnt have that and with the wait and Larry (Mac) unable to get one i had to bite the bullet and get what was available.

So i ofcourse had to go out and play with a new item just like everyone else so i headed out with a friend a couple miles out of town and found a decent place.

Well i only used some 115gr rounds for starters. The initial feel and look of quality was outstanding. It definately is a well made piece of equipment! I am glad i chose that, the only thing i plan on changing is the hand grips as they are a bit thicker then the normal ones which causes a bit of an issue with the mag release.

I took it out and paced off approx 15 and 25 meters for firing. Now i havent fired a handgun in years so dont get to judgemental with the shitty groups, but overall i was pleased with how i did for the first time shooting this weapon and how long its been since i fired a handgun period!

This one and the one above is 15 meters... my first 10 round mag is there... my friend covered most of the first holes up while i was getting the cam set up and so i had to do another round which you see.

Here is a pic of my 25 meter range. Atleast we can tell that im not pulling the trigger and actually squeezing lol... just need to work on my breathing a bit and the ability to keep the weapon stable. I think me being excited as fuck and having drink a shit load of soda prior to firing kinda added to it!

While i had it down a bit cleaning it.

And another pic with it all nice and clean!

Well thats it for now ill give more once i get more time and ill add to these when i get my other weapons while on leave!
    Chris

Disclaimer: The views expressed herein are the views of MYSELF and should not be taken as the views of the agency for whom I work for!

nice buy. people can say all they want about sigs costing more than other handguns but everyone I know was always happy they paid the bit extra.
    Proud owner:
    1934 matching K-31
    .308 Savage Tactical
    .270 Remington 700 Sendero
    Remington 510 Targetmaster .22
    Parker Hale 1200 Super 7mm Rem Mag

Shooting a pistol is much different than shooting a scoped rifle. Pistols are under powered compared to a rifle and will probably require more than one shot to stop an evil person. It takes perfect continous practice to be proficient with a pistol. With these things in mind you shouldn't do the cup and saucer hold use either the weaver or thumbs forward, much better recoil control. This guy is big on Sigs and offers extended controls as does Sig but I think his are probably a better length http://www.grayguns.com/ Good luck I'm sure you will enjoy the pistol for many years.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

LOL, you "settled" for a P229 Elite. You got a good deal on an outstanding pistol, you deserve it! Congrats, welcome home and thanks for your service!

Glad to see you home safe Psycho. And again, congratulations on a TOD well done.

And let us welcome our newest member to SC's Sigaholics Omnibus.

In the name of The SIG, The Sauer, and the most revered P229 Elite... I dub thee "PsychoSig."

I am absolutely in love with my SIG P229 Elite Stainless. When double or triple tapping the 9mm is smooth and rock steady.

I have already let the mods commence. I actually found one of the 106 mm "Canadian legal" barrels. These are about 5/8" longer than the 3.9" stock barrel as 106 mm is the legal minimum in Canada. The extended barrel should be no problem in my Miami Vice shoulder holster and I sure hope my groups will tighten even more. I think some barrel threading is coming soon too.

"Some of the Elites are known to shoot low, and I mean like 5" to 7" low at 25yds. The factory front and rear sights are numbered. Factory standard sights for your gun should be #8 front and rear.

Is that what you have? Working from there, each rear sight increment changes your point of impact by about two inches at 25 yards, and each front sight increment changes it by one inch.

Higher numbers raise your POI; lower numbers lower your POI. Changing to a #9 front and #10 rear would only raise your POI about five inches at 25 yards, and those are the highest number sights available."

Being a target shooter, I sure wouldn't mind a set of Bo-Mars on my SIG.

Again, Welcome Home Soldier.

Hello, my name is HoJo, and I'm a Sigaholic

Nice Sig!
    Of course, I can get a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking my head up a bulls ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.

I want one. That thing is sweet! However, I can't have one. I live in CA and the state has not done it's drop test yet. So until then I have to wait.

Jamie

My next is going to be the Elite Dark 9mm DAK with the SCT mags. Sigs are super nice to shoot.
    “The cause we are engaged in is so just and righteous that we must try to rise superior to every obstacle in its supportâ€

Beautiful weapon, and nice shooting! I actually carry the Stainless Elite as my duty weapon.....well until I am forced to go back to a glock. Stupid department is forcing all to carry glocks. THe weird thing is, we can carry any number of glocks in either .40 or .45, so it's not that were standardizing anything :? Nothing wrong with them, my old duty weapon was a G35 which I actually shot today, and my back up/off duty is a G27. but I LOVE my Sig 229! Always been a Sig fan, but until they put that extended beaver tail on the Elite, I always found that I needed to wiggle the Sigs to get it planted in the web of my hand, w/ this new design it just seats perfectly every time. Great purchase you made there, enjoy it!
    Remington 700 VTR .308

Millett TRS-1

Harris and Karsten enhancments
    *I love my VTR, couldn't ask more from a hunting rifle*

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCarthy
    Shooting a pistol is much different than shooting a scoped rifle. Pistols are under powered compared to a rifle and will probably require more than one shot to stop an evil person. It takes perfect continous practice to be proficient with a pistol. With these things in mind you shouldn't do the cup and saucer hold use either the weaver or thumbs forward, much better recoil control. This guy is big on Sigs and offers extended controls as does Sig but I think his are probably a better length http://www.grayguns.com/ Good luck I'm sure you will enjoy the pistol for many years.
    Well i just wanted to say i tried one of those other methods and its a HUGE improvement with recoil and overall stability! I went out two days ago with a friend who just bought a Sig 229 because he liked mine and we had some bottles and paint cans... it was a blast shooting them and watching the cans go airborne then nailing them again once they landed! I didnt get any pics but it was truly a blast!
    Chris

Disclaimer: The views expressed herein are the views of MYSELF and should not be taken as the views of the agency for whom I work for!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads