Experience with a Ruger LCP .380?

This is a discussion on Experience with a Ruger LCP .380? within the Sidearms / Shotguns forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Anyone have any experience?...

Anyone have any experience?

It would be helpful if you were more specific.

The LCP is practically an exact copy of the Kel Tec P3AT. I think Kel Tec somehow slacked off on the patent for the firearm and Ruger swept in and tuned it up. The LCP is more refined, its edges cleaner and the sights a little neater than the Kel Tec. Otherwise the guns are nearly identical except that the LCP is a bit pricier.

Obviously its a .380 and weighs just a tad more than the ammo it takes to fill the magazine. Other than that I dont know what kind of experience you're looking for someone to share.
    ~Brand

Live hard, play Harder.

Just overall durability, how comfortable, how it shoots. etc.. Thanks for the info though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, my bad. I didn't even thinking of searching for it. Thanks though.

The have quite the sting to the web of the hand like a walther ppk But with less weight so you feel it more

Quote Originally Posted by tonysrep
    The have quite the sting to the web of the hand like a walther ppk But with less weight so you feel it more
    I have to second that. I have fired my buddies a couple of different occasions, and to be honest, it's the kind of experience that curtails my day at the range. I don't consider that I have tender hands, either.

MOA
    Got a real nice pop to em. I dont find it punishing, but you can tell when they go off. I also dont put tons of rounds thru it. But 50 in a day is no problem. I find the recoil to be a bit mote than a shove, and you feel it right in the thunb web.accuracy is belly gun ok, reliability is ok, sights suck, but it is what it is. I would get a mini glock over it. but they cost alot more.

I have one and, as others have stated, find it to be a snappy stingy little pocket pistol that's not meant to be a target/range gun. I put about 200 rounds of various ammo brands through it to make sure no glitches or problems (there weren't) and haven't fired it in six months. I put a Hogue Handall Jr. grip sleeve on it and finger grip mag extensions which help a little, but it's still a very small and light close qtrs self defense weapon only, as far as I'm concerned.

Forgot to mention, it has the world's longest trigger pull, which is its only safety feature.

Ads