Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Ruger LCR

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  I Dares I Wins 
#1 ·
I love this gun. With unadjusted iron sights it shot a 1" group at 14 yards. and a 3" group at 25 yards.(it did better with the crimson Trace laser grips). the greatest thing is that the gun feels weightless in my pocket. I cannot recommend this gun more for Concealed Carry. However, due to its light weight it does have pretty good recoil compared to my 1911, but nothing that my buddies girlfriend couldn't handle. Also, it only holds 5 rounds but in my opinion, that is 4 (if not 5) more than you should need.

Like I said, I love this gun for concealed carry.

#4 ·
TimCat said:
How is the recoil with +P since it is so light?
At first I was a little taken back at the recoil but I was just not used to it. After shooting a few rounds its not that bad. I dont have the grip with the Crimson Trace in it so its the one with the soft rubber with the recoil buffer in it. Its pretty comfortable.

#8 ·
fortyhourdays said:
TimCat said:
To much for a small woman to handle you think?
TimCat, forgive me for being off topic, and I don't have an answer for you, but I think I just spent 5 minutes staring at your avatar before I snapped out of it :lol:
LOL.

As for it being too much for a small woman....I guess it would depend on the woman and her comfort level but the +P rounds may be a little on the stout side.

#9 ·
recoil and everything, it isn't that bad. I let a small woman shoot it and not expect an serious problems, just let her know to hold on a bit tighter than normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.