Suppressor Affects On Accuracy ??? - Page 2

Suppressor Affects On Accuracy ???

This is a discussion on Suppressor Affects On Accuracy ??? within the Supressors forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Magnetospeed v3 will mount just fine to the suppressor. It is made for it. Magnetospeed sporter...not so much. However...do your load development and then attach ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Suppressor Affects On Accuracy ???

Magnetospeed v3 will mount just fine to the suppressor. It is made for it. Magnetospeed sporter...not so much.

However...do your load development and then attach the Magnetospeed. don't do load development with the magnetospeed hanging on the barrel as it will again change things.
    Last edited by ddd oo7; 03-15-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Martino1 View Post
    He indicated that TB worked the best based on his experience with the least influence on POI if I recall correctly.
    POI shift when attaching a can has nothing to do with precision. Two entirely different things. If you shoot suppressed, you work your load suppressed... just as dddoo7 said.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkan View Post
    POI shift when attaching a can has nothing to do with precision. Two entirely different things. If you shoot suppressed, you work your load suppressed... just as dddoo7 said.
    Thx that is my plan.

DDD I planned on doing the load development without the bayonet attached. After I settle on the charge weight I wanted to get the speed for my ballistics ap. I didn't know if the spacers provided would allow the bayonet would get it where it needed to be for a good read. I saw a guy with an attachment to his lower pic rail on his chassis that allowed him not mount the bayonet to the barrel. I was just wondering if one of those was in my future. I watched him fire at the range yesterday. It would take a few seconds for the bayonet to stop shaking after each shot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I have seen those but don’t have one. The V3 will have no problems strapping onto the suppressor itself. I have done it that way many times.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

I've been looking at the Dead Air Sandman S recently. The manual says:

"The 7.62 Sandman “S” and “L” series models are ruggedly constructed and machined from Stellite® and hardened stainless steel."

And

"Soaking the suppressor in any solvent for an extended period my harm the Cerakote finish of your suppressor and is unnecessary as center fire suppressors do not require such cleaning procedures."

And

"Disassembly of your suppressor is not generally required or recommended. Taking your suppressor apart for its own sake may result in compromised performance, baffle strikes, and/or lost parts. Your suppressor was assembled at the factory by trained technicians to certain technical specfications and settings. Random disassembly of the unit may result in a voiding of your suppressor’s express warranties."

If other suppressor manufacturers are offering to clean centerfire suppressors, though, then I have to consider the possibility that it may require cleaning eventually. Does CLR affect Cerakote?

. Otherwise they tend to improve bo auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver th precision and accuracy if properly maintained.
    Last edited by optimista; 01-12-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by optimista View Post
    . Otherwise they tend to improve both precision and accuracy if properly maintained.
    if properly maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by optimista View Post
    if properly maintained.
    Since the bulk of this thread was active there seems to be some conflicting information regarding Can maintenance. I've heard that you just shoot with them. No cleaning except for the threads that the can attaches to the rifle with. What is the common consensus here? I've read that you can soak in CLR if you have a titanium can but not if it is Cero coated (sorry for spelling) some have stated that don't soak titanium because of some sort of chemical reaction.

I was told that I didn’t need to do anything to my thunderbeast suppressor. Just shoot it...they said. It doesn’t need to be cleaned for the first 50,000 rounds.

They were wrong. Apparently “they” didn’t shoot enough to know. At about 4000 rounds, my titanium suppressor had gained several ounces and groups opened up substantially. Once cleaned, the barrel retuned to shooting as it should.

I cleaned by alternating two things. I soaked in a mixture of peroxide/vinegar for a couple of days. Then I rinsed it out. Then soaked it in CLR for a few days. Then Rinsed it out. I repeated both of these three or four times each and was still dumping chunks of junk out each time. The suppressor was getting closer to the beginning weight, but still wasn’t there, so I finally called thunderbeast and sent it to them for cleaning.

They soak in the same above solutions (or did at the time) only they soaked in an ultrasonic cleaner. Then they used an attachment that screws the suppressor onto a pressure washer to blast all of the junk out. They returned the can squeaky clean.

As far as coating goes, Cerakote can handle the chemical dip (at least in the above chemicals) It cannot handle the ULTRASONIC chemical dip. However getting a suppressor coated is not a huge expense and is worth it if necessary to get the thing clean. Contact me If you need to know where to get your suppressor Coated.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads