Suppressor Affects On Accuracy ???

This is a discussion on Suppressor Affects On Accuracy ??? within the Supressors forums, part of the Sniping Related category; What have you guys experienced ??...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Suppressor Affects On Accuracy ???

What have you guys experienced ??

Dirty cans can cause groups to open as well as cause "cold bore" shift. Otherwise they tend to improve both precision and accuracy if properly maintained.
    kcmags likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkan View Post
    Dirty cans can cause groups to open as well as cause "cold bore" shift. Otherwise they tend to improve both precision and accuracy if properly maintained.
    Looking to buy my first. Many of the centerfire cans cannot be disassembled .... are they to be avoided? How can they be cleaned?

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Orkan View Post
    Just found out my ATF form was approved late last month. If I recall correctly, a TB 338 Ultra is over 10 inches. Ballpark what kind of round count with a 6.5 CM should we be looking to clean the can. Haven't gotten a vibratory cleaner yet. Was looking at the one you have. Will it fit in there and is rice a good medium for cleaning cans?

Don’t clean a suppressor in rice. You will never get it all back out of there.

Dip the suppressor in CLR for a day or two then rinse it. Repeat until the clr comes out clean. If you have an ultra sonic you can alternate between clr and the ultrasonic.

Don’t use clr on aluminum suppressors...but titanium is fine.

They should be cleaned about every 1500 rounds in my opinion. Thing is...accuracy doesn’t usually drop off till after that, but by the time accuracy drops off the suppressor is so clogged up with trash that it takes a forever to clean it.

Thunderbeast will clean the suppressor for you once a year for the cost of shipping...but they had one of mine for about 6 weeks last time I did that.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

DDD

I got my first can and using it on a 6.5CM and .308 win. Recoil seems different with a can. It's taking a little getting used to. It's like a push pull.

Yes. Recoil with a suppressor is much different. It is significantly less violent and seems to me to be more spread out as well. I shot without the suppressor the other day and am thankful that I could screw it back on after a few shots.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ddd oo7 View Post
    Yes. Recoil with a suppressor is much different. It is significantly less violent and seems to me to be more spread out as well. I shot without the suppressor the other day and am thankful that I could screw it back on after a few shots.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the quiet but the recoil is weird. It's kinda bugging me. I'm not giving up on the can, but my groups are smaller without it. I know it's me. I've got get some more 140's for my 6.5 cause I'm almost out and get more trigger time with the can..

How many rounds did it take for you to get used to the can?

For me the suppressor was immediately a welcomed change. The recoil while different is more manageable.

Now...have you considered that you just added a 1 lb weight to the end of your barrel? As having done such you have changed the resonance of the barrel and your "node" has likely changed. I would start fresh and work up a new load based on the Primal Rights "load development" article.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ddd oo7 View Post
    For me the suppressor was immediately a welcomed change. The recoil while different is more manageable.

Now...have you considered that you just added a 1 lb weight to the end of your barrel? As having done such you have changed the resonance of the barrel and your "node" has likely changed. I would start fresh and work up a new load based on the Primal Rights "load development" article.
    yeah I was thinking about that. I got a Thunder Beast based on Greg's recommendation. He indicated that TB worked the best based on his experience with the least influence on POI if I recall correctly. I did my initial load development with 6.5CM Hornady brass, I just got an order of 500 6.5 Peterson brass so I do need to do another load development. I guess I'll do it with the can on. I was at the range yesterday and I was wondering how I was going to mount the Magnetospeed bayonet on the can after I do the load development on the Peterson brass..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads