Subsonic load for .308

Subsonic load for .308

This is a discussion on Subsonic load for .308 within the Supressors forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I'm new to reloading and I'm trying to find a good subsonic load for my .308 to use with my suppressor. I currently have tried ...

Subsonic load for .308

I'm new to reloading and I'm trying to find a good subsonic load for my .308 to use with my suppressor. I currently have tried 11 grains of trail boss with a 200 grain hornaday eld. It was pretty quite. But has anyone else found some good loads? I am shooting it out of a Remington 700 with a 16.5 heavy barrel.

Twist is very important with heavy subs. What twist rate do you have?

308 is not very efficient at subs. I have loaded some with tightgroup and 170 round nose bullets. If you want the king of subsonic 30 cal then you need 300 blackout. The case is appropriately sized and most barrels are fast enough twist to run 220 or 240 smks.

The longer the barrel, the quieter it will be to some extent. However be careful not to get a bullet stuck in the barrel. Work down with your load (not up like normal). Work your load without a can attached and watch for key holes on the paper. Last thing you want to do is run a bullet through your suppressor sideways.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Ads