Ad's Suck

Ad's Suck

This is a discussion on Ad's Suck within the Technical Problems forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Ad's are killing the speed of the site. Sometimes when I'm typing out a reply the cursor will not keep up with my typing, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ad's Suck

Ad's Suck

Ad's are killing the speed of the site. Sometimes when I'm typing out a reply the cursor will not keep up with my typing, and I'm not that fast.

Also I can longer use the mobile version on my iPhone. Every time I click a link to a thread add pop ups come one and redirect my phone to buy an app. Yes I've cleared my history and use a pop up blocker. Its only this site that does it.

I know it pays the bills, but these adds are really dragging down the site.
    exsimguy1 and Hypo like this.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

Ad's Suck

Get Tapatalk for your iPhone. It will organize most forums in one place where it is easy to check new posts, subscribe to posts (through the app) and check participated posts. It is well worth the money and I would buy it again if necessary.

I bought the app before it was free and therefore it is ad free for me. I would hate to deal with a mobile web page on my phone. Tapatalk is much easier.

I use chrome on my desktop with ad blockers in place. They are customizable so I can tell it what to block and what to leave. Works well. I hate irrelevant ads and pop ups.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

I use chrome, I'll have to try that thanks.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I've experienced that too. I thought it was my computer.

ad blocker plus

Get that addon for your browser.

I think we should get rid of all these sponsors
    "You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

"If someone kills you with your own gun, they better have to beat you to death with it because at that point, it should be empty." -Unknown

I second Tapatalk. I refuse to participate in any forum that doesn't support it. Reading on an iPhone without it is crappy.
    tattooo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    I second Tapatalk. I refuse to participate in any forum that doesn't support it. Reading on an iPhone without it is crappy.
    I agree.... I have a Kriss and would love to go on Krisstalk but they dont use tapatalk..... so I dont waste my time with a forum that wont get with the times ....

In addition, two (damn, got to wait 3-4 seconds between key strokes) URLs consistantly block going back to a forum page after reading a thread. I always get the URL https://insuranceslip.com/?hl=en plus two of http://gamefrags.com/r1?e1=3BQ1Lo&dt=d. I have to right-click the back arrow to bypass those three URLs to get back to the previous page. The fact that it has taken me 15 minutes to type this short post is the very reason that I do not participate in this forum. There is NO excuse for this!!!
    _____
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Orkan View Post
    ad blocker plus

Get that addon for your browser.
    Yup, I was only vaguely aware that there were ads on this site. It won't get rid of your signature though.

[email protected]#N old thread caught me unawares... Noob mistake.
    Last edited by 8SAM46; 09-07-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads