Ballistic Programs

Ballistic Programs

This is a discussion on Ballistic Programs within the Technical Problems forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; My brother and I have been using the applied ballistic program. He bought the Kestral 4500nv we both entered all the data he on his ...

Ballistic Programs

My brother and I have been using the applied ballistic program. He bought the Kestral 4500nv we both entered all the data he on his kestral and I on my phone. We both got similar data for different ranges. The problem is at 1000 yds or more there is major errors on clicks in fact we shot over the target. What are we doing wrong we are perplexed.

That can be due to many possibilities. When you entered the information in the ballistic program did you tell it what conditions you had during zeroing? For example did you enter the Station Pressure, Temperature, Humidity, muzzle velodity? Then when you were shooting at 1000 yards did you enter the conditions at the shooting location?

It could also be due to the scope tracking not being exactly as advertised. Did you do a tall target test at exactly 100 yds to measure the distance the POI moved for a certain number of clicks on the elevation?

Do you have a good ballistic coefficient for the bullet you're using. If you're using a VLD type of bullet, which has a long nose and gradual boat tail you should be using the G7 ballistic coefficient. It better matches the drag curve for that style bullet. The G1 BC is suited for a flat base bullet.

Ads