Remington 700 bolt

Remington 700 bolt

This is a discussion on Remington 700 bolt within the Technical Problems forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; I have a question for you all about my Remington 700 SPS tactical in .223. I just purchased this rifle and after the first session ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bewerystill

Thread: Remington 700 bolt

Remington 700 bolt

I have a question for you all about my Remington 700 SPS tactical in .223. I just purchased this rifle and after the first session with I took it home and cleaned it . Well ever since my first cleaning I've been having soft primer strike issues. I noticed that there is a small gap between the bolt and the bolt head ( I'm not sure exactly what it's called , the piece that actually holds the firing pin.) When I assemble the bolt it seems to only catch at one spot and the gap is still there. Any suggestions on what the problem could possibly be? I thought it was the ammo until I started messing around with all kinds of ammo and the problem still consists. Thank you so much

The bolt shroud hold the striker (firing pin). It looks like you have it screwed in as it should be. It won't make another full revolution. Did you add lubrication to the spring/striker when you had it apart? This area should be left dry. I usually clean then use zippo lighter fluid or Hornady One Shot dry lube. Did you possible bend the striker taking it apart and putting it back together. Have you checked pin protrusion? When reassembling put a little grease on the cocking cam ramp and back of the lugs. That's all you need for lube.

Sponsors
    Agreed. Everything looks fine in those pictures, so I would start looking at the firing pin and protrusion as well. See if something is gummed up or bent, etc. Can also call Remmy and see what they say

MEL

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I have had similar occurrences after cleaning bolts to the extent that one of the main thongs I check is the excess of oil in bolt. Oil can cause a hydraulic lock on the firing pin. Oil is good, but sometimes too much is not.
    drexotic likes this.

Ads