Snipers/Long Distance shooters in Oregon - Page 3

Snipers/Long Distance shooters in Oregon

This is a discussion on Snipers/Long Distance shooters in Oregon within the Western forums, part of the Competitions and Training Opportunities category; Hi there my name is Mike and I'm your man. I live in Eugene and I've been looking for a shooting buddy with the itch ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Snipers/Long Distance shooters in Oregon

Hi there my name is Mike and I'm your man. I live in Eugene and I've been looking for a shooting buddy with the itch to hit steel @ 1000yards +. I search google every couple weeks and this just popped up for me.

Send me a PM so I can give you my contact details. I'm shooting Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 creedmoor with Hornady 140gr ELD Match. I've got a midway mat, Sig Kilo2000, Strelok Pro ballistics app, and a 12" steel plate target setup. Next purchase for me will be a target camera that's good out to a mile.

This is where I shot last Sunday, up past McGowan. Thats a couple google earth photos with one of reality in the middle. Itís not a bad 400-yard range. Itís just unsafe because thereís an opposing shooting spot 1400 yards away. Both are backed up by a big hill the center, so itís all fine and dandy. That is, until the boozed up bikers on the other end decide to put their shotguns down and try shooting skeet with .44 mag revolvers. I decided we were done when a bullet zipped past us not more than 20 feet away. Moral of the story is shooting out in public has its scary moments.
    IMG_4669.JPGIMG_4670.PNGIMG_4666.JPG
    Last edited by Complete; 04-06-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    Rhyno430 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Complete View Post
    This is where I shot last Sunday, up past McGowan. Thats a couple google earth photos with one of reality in the middle. Itís not a bad 400-yard range. Itís just unsafe because thereís an opposing shooting spot 1400 yards away. Both are backed up by a big hill the center, so itís all fine and dandy. That is, until the boozed up bikers on the other end decide to put their shotguns down and try shooting skeet with .44 mag revolvers. I decided we were done when a bullet zipped past us not more than 20 feet away. Moral of the story is shooting out in public has its scary moments.
    That looks nice, wind might do some weird things coming down off of the trees though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Joseph "Rhyno"

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Complete View Post
    This is where I shot last Sunday, up past McGowan. Thats a couple google earth photos with one of reality in the middle. It’s not a bad 400-yard range. It’s just unsafe because there’s an opposing shooting spot 1400 yards away. Both are backed up by a big hill the center, so it’s all fine and dandy. That is, until the boozed up bikers on the other end decide to put their shotguns down and try shooting skeet with .44 mag revolvers. I decided we were done when a bullet zipped past us not more than 20 feet away. Moral of the story is shooting out in public has its scary moments.
    Problem as I see it with shooting on Power Line right of ways is that they are just too darn nice for BOTH shooters and off road vehicles. I used to do both along the huge power line roads in the mountains East of me. As a shooter I always watched for dust and noise from approaching bikes and as a "biker" I listened for shots, especially just before cresting a hill. As the population has grown around me so has the number of gates cutting off access to the roads under the lines, probably because of the depredation from idiots from the city.

Banned
    I actually called the logging company and have permission to shoot where I go. IF they ever lock up the gate and block off the logging roads I would be the ONLY guy with a key The one thing that pisses me off is the trash,garbage,shells,beer cans, and abundance of blown up TVs that are left up there from the dumb ass red necks littering. As far as shooting in the middle of the woods, my spot is safe and always has been. There is some sort of "unspoken order" up there. Everyone I have ever encountered has been very kind..hope it stays that way.
    Mike, I responded to your PM..hope we can do some shooting soon bud!
    Last edited by 007Sniper; 04-08-2016 at 10:14 AM.
    Olmott likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads