Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here so pardon the question if its stupid. I know that the 20 MOA base I have angles the scope and allows me more upward MOA movement when zero‘d vs a 0 MOA base by making me come down more on the cross hairs. Question is as follows for ballistic calculations. For scope height I measure from the bolt exhaust (whatever the little hole in front of the bolt is to the middle of my scope rail - this is how Daniel Defense suggest I do it and how its shown on the Hornady 4DOF video. Will the scope heigh calculation change since the scope is slightly angled up? And will the elevation adjustment be any different? My assumption is no and that the 20MOA is only a factor when setting your zero. Is this correct?

Sorry for the wordy question - as I’m learning, kinda speaking out loud.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There will not be enough difference to matter. Check the height as you said and put that in the ballistic calculator.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Scope should be slightly angled down in the front. If it is up, the base is backwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It comes already installed on the rifle and waiting for to hit my shop. But that makes perfect sense - I still get my up and down mixed up in my head (luckily not in practice). Yes base canted down to give more usable drop range. TY!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts