Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where there’s a public range that shoots out to 2000 yards on the southern East Coast. For example Florida Georgia North Carolina etc... Anywhere where it’s not freezing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
791 Posts
Does anyone know where there’s a public range that shoots out to 2000 yards on the southern East Coast. For example Florida Georgia North Carolina etc... Anywhere where it’s not freezing?

Lol.. not sure.. I would duckduckgo.com search.. only ones here that long are private property.. there is only I think 2 1k official ranges here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts

JTAC Ranch in Florida has a 2,000 yard range. They are about 25 minutes from me and require a membership.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JTAC Ranch in Florida has a 2,000 yard range. They are about 25 minutes from me and require a membership.
That’s exactly what I was hoping to find out! Thanks!! Can I join for a month? Or they gonna try to bang me out for $1200 for the year?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nevermind. They DO have a plan for $350 for the year for 5 passes!!!! You’re a rock star!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Just one question. Is it safe to check-in guns on a plane? I never tried it.

I drive 1200 miles to PA so I don’t have to risk getting my shooters disappeared(lost by the airlines). You are reimbursed nowhere near value. You are better off shipping them to a gun shop near the range.

thinking about JTAC myself. I’ve got to find out what range intervals they have targets at. The range I used previously had multiple targets at 100yd increments out to 1000yds. At several intervals they had an 18”x24” steel plate and 10” and 12” lolly pops on straps. They painted them regularly with white paint so you could track impacts. JTAC is over a 3 hr drive for me so if I’m going to invest time and $, like to get more details.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Just one question. Is it safe to check-in guns on a plane? I never tried it.

I would NOT check guns in on airlines.. several have started not allowing it at all, some just to specific places but I promise they are going to start confiscating from airlines no matter what.. just DONT do it. Obiden has already put together a SCOTUS committee to pack the Supreme Court with anti 2A judges.. we seriously need to move all conservatives and especially businesses to conservative 2A strong hold states.. adopt our own currency (maybe one of the cryptos) cut the Feds out of ANY income, form our own economy that is autonomous from the feds and other liberal states.. I can be done IF we just do it.. make DC irrelevant as they should be, deprive them of our share of the GDP and let them drown in their own liberal marxist cess pools they created.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Flying with firearms is pretty easy. Use a good case and get locks. I also stenciled my info on the outside as well as having a couple name tags on the case. When checking in tell them you have a firearm and they will have you sign a little tag and put it in the case and lock it up. Wait and make sure it makes it through the handlers and then go to your gate. Some airports send them through on the baggage carousel and some require you to go to the office and get it when you arrive so just get to the baggage area as quickly as you can.

The problem is ammo as you can only carry 11 pounds. I usually shipped mine ahead.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Flying with firearms is pretty easy. Use a good case and get locks. I also stenciled my info on the outside as well as having a couple name tags on the case. When checking in tell them you have a firearm and they will have you sign a little tag and put it in the case and lock it up. Wait and make sure it makes it through the handlers and then go to your gate. Some airports send them through on the baggage carousel and some require you to go to the office and get it when you arrive so just get to the baggage area as quickly as you can.

The problem is ammo as you can only carry 11 pounds. I usually shipped mine ahead.
Thanks!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would NOT check guns in on airlines.. several have started not allowing it at all, some just to specific places but I promise they are going to start confiscating from airlines no matter what.. just DONT do it. Obiden has already put together a SCOTUS committee to pack the Supreme Court with anti 2A judges.. we seriously need to move all conservatives and especially businesses to conservative 2A strong hold states.. adopt our own currency (maybe one of the cryptos) cut the Feds out of ANY income, form our own economy that is autonomous from the feds and other liberal states.. I can be done IF we just do it.. make DC irrelevant as they should be, deprive them of our share of the GDP and let them drown in their own liberal marxist cess pools they created.

We’re all with you on that

·
Registered
791 Posts
We’re all with you on that

The thing is, we could actually do what im proposing with a little planning.. there are enough conservative states that a network of trade and commerce could be setup and that would give us complete autonomy from feds.. if states run there economy properly, there is no reason they should need federal handouts.. each state having a national guard loyal to the people and governor, militias of police and citizens.. there would not be a thing the feds could do about it.. not being able to steal the money of the working class, the liberal marxist government and states would go broke in a matter of weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check with Volusia County Gun and Hunt Club. There is a rumor of a 2000 yard range but, I am not sure if it is a work in progress or openly available.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Check with Volusia County Gun and Hunt Club. There is a rumor of a 2000 yard range but, I am not sure if it is a work in progress or openly available.
Their website refers to a 900 yd range. Tried to call and an automated response came back that mail box had not been set up yet.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The thing is, we could actually do what im proposing with a little planning.. there are enough conservative states that a network of trade and commerce could be setup and that would give us complete autonomy from feds.. if states run there economy properly, there is no reason they should need federal handouts.. each state having a national guard loyal to the people and governor, militias of police and citizens.. there would not be a thing the feds could do about it.. not being able to steal the money of the working class, the liberal marxist government and states would go broke in a matter of weeks.

:)

·
Registered
12 Posts

Try Volusia County Hunt and Gun Club - New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168 386-301-7881

1 - 20 of 35 Posts