Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
wow, just wow lol

you also left out gunshops being raided and the like

but if this event were to happen, i could very well see our government collapsing....

but alas you must note that after a month or two at the absolute most, the government would redirect power from lowkey(fossle fuel plants) to major nuclear plants, provided they didnt overheat and detonate themselves, and power would be back up.

call me an optimist, but even if this were to happen, i dont think the effects would be such withholding just because i would imagine someone in government would figure out some other way - also something just came to mind, our huge arse aircraft carriers and battleships must have there own generators, thus if we could power them into an oil supply plant, to get oil to the ships, then to sort of transfer power from ships to the powerplants that way...i may have left sommit out, but it sounds like it could be another small step to getting our plants up and running again

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well, not enough time to read the whole book, eerrr i mean post. But here is a bit of trivia. Did you know that if you screw a wood dowl onto the stock of an M-1 Garand it would be legally classified as an "Assault Rifle"? Its true!!! :roll:

1: Center Fire caliber
2: Semi Automatic
3: Removable Feeding Device (enblock clip)
4: Bayonet lug
5: Pistol Grip (if indeed the wooden pistol grip is screwed onto the stock)

Maybe they should change it from being called a Government to a Controlyoument. :shock:

The Rifleman

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Good post Recoil.........

Call me crazzzzzy, but I try to prepair for this sort of thing as well.

I am not too sure that it would go as far as Recoil stated, but I believe it could come VERY close to that as most folks in the US are sheeple and follow what they are told and are very happy knowing that they do not have to worry about where the food comes from, where the power comes from as long as it is there when they flip a switch or it is in the store when they go in every day. How long would it take if the power is out, food is off the shelves, gas pumps not running........ect.........(Recoil is probably pretty accurate on the time frame here) do you think it would take for gangs to form and pillage the shops that remain closed (as well as homeowners that are unarmed? Would you be sending your wife out to the store for anything? How long do you think it would take before the gangs/theifs would start roming the neighborhoods and branching out into the country side? Only a matter of time my friends!

Just wanting to know: Do any of you prepair for this sort of thing? If so what supplies do you keep on hand (and how long can you survive on them) or do you have a buggin out location to go to?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
So, I ask again: is a survival group really all that crazy? Maybe not a dedicated colony per se, but a pre-arranged alliance seems like pretty damn good insurance!
Nope, I think it is very good insurance to have and you are right on target Recoil!

Reguarding your website: I tried to visit it a while back and it was down, I am glad that it is up and I will be on it for the next little while.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I am a little supprised that more folks on here are not posting on this topic. Thought that more folks would chime in that they feel along the same lines. Keep up the good work on the site Recoil (Still find it hard to believe that you were a liberal at one time, talk about a 180 degree turnaround :D )

You are a great American!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Recoil said:
...if it's 82 degrees, partly sunny with a 5 mph breeze from the northwest, ...but it's pretty close if you're sitting around.
Where do I sign up?!

So assuming Iran gets off all six warheads, what will the total coverage be of the U.S.? Will their be regions untouched by the EMP? Granted, I'm sure they'll (Iran) aim for the heavily industrial regions, but will they be able to get them all?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well,after reading all that,i certinly feel ill prepared,especcially living close to the atlantic,an easy access point for anyone who wants to screw with us (quite a few of the Sep. 11th "guys" were living in this state for awhile,and then hijacked planes about an hour and half away from my home) but i feel somewhat secure knowing that the likely hood of something like that on that scale isnt that great,despite the fact that it is more likely than most would expect,im personnaly more worried about a series of corodinated terrorist attacks with dirty bombs,or some other form of biological warfare,which i feel is a greater threat,and if widespread enough could have horendous effects on not only the health of people,but the stability of the regions they strike,it really would not take an awful lot to accomplish this,multiple cells of patient attackers with a decent knowledge of what type of chemical waste to use and how to use it could easily attack our major cities and other important infastructure,id even go far as to say they could easily detonate a device of this sort in every state if they so desired,so to add to what Recoil has said,it wouldnt be a bad idea at all to go out and buy a gas mask or two,and some other bio hazard gear,i myself am getting a gas mask next week,they can be hand cheaply,at www.armybarracks.com a local army/navy chain,surplus russian gas masks can be had at $9.99,kits at $14.99 and they also have childrens gas masks,and other suprlus masks from other countries.There numerous other sites/catologs come to mind when thinking on the subject of supliers of this equipment,www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com spescifically,they have alot of survival and preparedness items at reasonable prices.

Another item they probably should be purchased (its an unfortunate reality) is body bags.God forbid somone passes away,you dont want theyre body rotting and spreading disease,so id also advise you to get those.

Well,now that im done doing my Recoil impresion,im going to go make some aluminum foil hats :wink: .

·
Registered
238 Posts
Many of us dream of "the simple life" (no, not Paris Hilton and her pet dog Nicole Ricci. Wink)
i dream of that...lol just playing...

Yeah, make me another one...The one I've got is too tight. Laughing
that sure explains alot (^_-)

but anyway, i dont even remember what i was going to say because someone called in the middle of my reading this stuff

but yah, terrorists arent too organized, but you ought not downplay them so much - also as far as keeping the country under control, im sure some of our allies will come about to help?

or, we can rig the presidents direct phone line to russia to send us power lol

·
Registered
994 Posts
Recoil said:
Believe it or not, I do have a sense of humor. And ya know what? That's pretty funny. Good one. :)
Mass exodus to Mexico--they're already living in the conditions we would be if there were an EMP attack, but their beaches are awesome.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
If there is a large nuclear exchange we are all screwed to some extent. Me, I want to be at ground zero to be instantly evaporated insted if dying of radiation poisning over several weeks or days. I guess if you are lucky you can live a few more years and die of cancer or lukemia. That is if you arn't one of the millions that starve to death.

·
Registered
347 Posts
this is most definitly one of those subjects that is almost painful to think about but you have to do it in order to be prepared for it...

-Brian Shields

·
Registered
238 Posts
leaving only those alive who are lucky and prepared.
someone has to work in the factories my friend...

but otherwise i would imagine there would be similiar resaults like in the film "the day after tomarow" where everyone flocks to the third world countries, that is if europe was also taken out

oh also, just think of the irony, instead of the US having an immigration policy against Europe, they would fit one for us heheh...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts