Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Howa Oryx in .223. Had various grains and manufactures, but nothing was impressive. Checking to see if any Oryx owners have had any success with comercial ammo. If so what kind?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked up a Howa Oryx in .223. Had various grains and manufactures, but nothing was impressive. Checking to see if any Oryx owners have had any success with comercial ammo. If so what kind?
With a 1:8 twist on that barrel, you will want to use bullet weights above 69 grains. I reload and find that the Nosler 70 grain RDF and 69 grain Custom Competition work best. Hornady 75 grain Match bullets also shoot exceptionally well. I would look for commercial ammo that uses the same or similar bullets. Hornady Black uses the 75 grain match bullet and Nosler Match Grade ammunition also uses the 69 grain CC bullet. Both are available from Midway

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine really likes blackhills 68gr smk (.5 moa) but the Federal gmm 68gr smk shoot almost as good (avg just over .5 moa)
But 55gr hornady bthp match is not very well liked (.8 moa)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts