Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's a handgun....:oops:
Yes, it is a legal handgun. Undesignated savage target action, 15.9 inch 7 twist McGowen precision barrel chambered in 223 Remington in an ARS chassis. I competed last year in a couple ELR rifle matches using a 33 Nosler handgun and finished 5th in one match and won the other match.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I guess they're out there but I can count on one hand how many bolt action handguns I've seen. Looks like a rifle without the butt stock..

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I guess there is utility in a shorter unit with a bolt action, I would expect though that you would lose velocity with a short barrel. It kind of reminds me of the TC Contender which used some traditional rifle cartrages but in a single shot configuration. I would expect with the short barrel you must get one heck of flash out front with that thing. What kind of accuracy do you get with that weapon. what kind of max range do you get.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess there is utility in a shorter unit with a bolt action, I would expect though that you would lose velocity with a short barrel. It kind of reminds me of the TC Contender which used some traditional rifle cartrages but in a single shot configuration. I would expect with the short barrel you must get one heck of flash out front with that thing. What kind of accuracy do you get with that weapon. what kind of max range do you get.
I’ve had impacts at 1768yds with the 223 and 2400yds with the 33 Nosler. Top picture is the 33 and bottom is the 223, both at 100yds.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Randy is the real deal.
It is drop and drift, combined with well built specialty pistol, good conditions, a person who has his fundamentals down real good, plus good at reading conditions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see that. Impacts at 1768 and 2400 with a 33gr .223 round sounds pretty incredible.
Martino 1768 was with the 223 Remington running 85.5 grain Bergers and 2400 was with a 33 Nosler running 255 grain solid copper Badlands bullet. 1768 is my longest shot with the 223.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Martino 1768 was with the 223 Remington running 85.5 grain Bergers and 2400 was with a 33 Nosler running 255 grain solid copper Badlands bullet. 1768 is my longest shot with the 223.
Sorry misunderstood.... about 33. Even an 85 should get pushed around pretty good with a 10mph wind that varys speed and direction. I saw what my 175 SMKs did at 1000yds when my range was still open. Wind based on grass left to right at 300 and right left at 900 to 1000. Neither at full value. Now I’m an orphan.. No range for 3+ hr ride.. ugh..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts