Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an equivelant rifle of a 10/22 in terms of after market stuff but in a bolt gun?

Or should I just do up a 10/22? And can any bolt action .22s be as acurate as a 10/22? Keeping in mind that if you spent the same money on the bolt action as you would on the ruger.

Thanks for the responses

Geoff

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yeah bro... best bolt action 22LR in the world would probably be an anchutz. Or mabye a CZ 452 Varmint

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah bro... best bolt action 22LR in the world would probably be an anchutz. Or mabye a CZ 452 Varmint
+1

You can also check out those Marlins... (http://www.marlinfirearms.com)... Mel's Marlin shoots well... :wink:

As for aftermarket parts, you can check http://www.rimfirecentral.com
those guys can help you out... but I think the Ruger 10/22 has the most aftermarket parts for rimfire rifles (not 100% sure though)...

hope these information helps... 8)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The Marlin .22 is the best kept secret in the rimfire world.

I got a .22 Magnum Marlin from a friend and I was blown away with it. It shoots one hole groups at 50 yards.

My rifle is exactly the same as Mel's. If our two rifles are typical of the breed, then they are at least as accurate as an Anschutz. And you could buy half a dozen Marlins for the cost of an Anschutz.

Mad

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Here is my marlin Model 25 and a target I shot with it a month or two ago. In real life the five round group fits under a dime, and was fired at 25yds. The ammo was cheap 89cent winny 36gr expert stuff. The rifle was the first one I bought with my own money(ok dad bought it with my money) I was 13 at the time. I recently presented it to my oldest daughter as her first rifle, and she has requested I make it pink for her, so it might soon be duracoated pink lol.

I have sent many thousands of rounds down that tube, and it has held up well as you can see. I never cleaned with anything more than hoppes and an old patch on a shoe string as a kid, and that only happened once a year or so, so the marlins will stand up to abuse. My dad told me that a 22 only needed cleaned when the accuracy dropped off, so the exterior was well taken care of but the bore was not. I can only imagine how good it would shoot if I had taken better care of it. Still at the range the accuracy on this thing drives guys nuts when they shoot CZs and other much more expensive 22s and get no better accuracy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If those show up at the gunshow here in the Philippines, I'm definitely getting one... 8)

I just hope its cheaper at gunshows than in the gun stores here... :?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I took a look at the Rimfire Central site and there was a thread about Marlin rifles and how to identify the year of manufacture from the serial no.

After 1968, the first two digits of the serial no were the year of manufacture.

After 1973, subtract the first two serial number digits from one hundred and that gives you the year of manufacture.

I can hardly wait to go home and check mine. By the way, mine is a post 1973 rifle.

Mad

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good advise on the Anschutz, CZ and Marlin. I have a couple of the CZ452s and several Marlin 881s. They all shoot WAAAAAY better than they should for the money. I like the CZ best, but the Marlins are just so darn inexpensive. I keep one of the Marlins in every vehicle we have on my place just in case we see something that needs shootin'. Anschutz is the Cadillac of the group. A lot more money initially, but you wan't have to do a thing to it but choose what kind of sights you want.

K2

·
Registered
94 Posts
For the money, I really have enjoyed my CZ 452 American in .22lr. For $300, you get an all stell .22 that will shoot with the best of 'em. Compared to a Kimber, Sako or Anschutz, it was the best bang for my $$$. Check out the CZ forum over at rimfirecentral.com.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys

I knew I could count on you. I got a keen eye for that marlin but I'll do a little more diggin on them.

Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was wondering, and this is a little off topic, just out of curiousity do any of you own a Marlin .22 Lr pump with the hexon barrel. It was patented in 1890. I've never seen one other than mine and was wondering if it just coincidence or if it realy was rare... :roll:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
loki

is it a "model 38? I had one with a broken extractor and couldn't get it fixed as my gunsmith couldn't find a pattern for one.......consequently I never fired it and sold it :(

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
loki

is it a "model 38? I had one with a broken extractor and couldn't get it fixed as my gunsmith couldn't find a pattern for one.......consequently I never fired it and sold it :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts