Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I appreciate the concern.

We felt it pretty good.... but it didn't affect us here in Missoula. A nice good rocking motion, but thats about it. Lights and doors were swinging, but nothing fell over or fell from shelves.

There are a few firearms businesses in Dillon though, and I'm sure they got much more shaking than us! KT Ordnance who does the 80% AR receivers is one of them, as is Lawton Machine who does barrels and actions.

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Whoa, that's a pretty strong quake. I hope no one was hurt and the businesses weren't damaged too badly.

Happy the honcho and his folks are okay :D

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
Happy the honcho and his folks are okay :D
Heh, yeah, we are fine. Rattled the wife a little, but the kids slept through it.

@Mad
Thanks for the report on Richard.

MEL

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mel, can you give me the exact longitude and latitude for your house?

*Is playing with Google Earth* :D

And noone comment about my geek toys!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I just got off the phone with Barney and everything is fine with his shop. He said that they just had another quake just a couple of minutes ago, but it wasn't as bad this time. He did say that he was running the CNC mill when the first one hit, and it caused the bit to take out a chunk about 1/8-3/16 of an inch out of the piece he was tooling.

Hopefully this last one wasn't as strong up your way Mel.

John

Looks like it was a 4.2 from that link posted above. About 12 miles from Dillon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts