Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my first post in here. Does anyone has any experience or knowledge about this rifle? From what little I've gathered, it sounds like a great gun for any game in North America. Are the rounds hard to get? Would you choose this over a 7MM Mag or a 300 Win mag? To me, it sounds like it's about in the same category, but with better BC's and it says it stays flat out to 415 yards. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Compare them to a 270 or 6.5 Creedmoor in a ballistics program and ask why the additional expense and recoil for a marginal gain inside of 450 yards.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It's tough for a gun maker to show growth in a marketplace that's been essentially saturated for 100+ years.
So a tried and true method of stimulating sales is to create a new cartridge.
Some new cartridges go on to become household words while others fall into obscurity.
I'm guessing the 26 Nosler is destined for the latter.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
It's tough for a gun maker to show growth in a marketplace that's been essentially saturated for 100+ years.
So a tried and true method of stimulating sales is to create a new cartridge.
Some new cartridges go on to become household words while others fall into obscurity.
I'm guessing the 26 Nosler is destined for the latter.

This is often, if not always, a factor of how expensive it is to shoot the new cartridge. If ammunition suddenly becomes plentiful and affordable, and barrel life is such that the frequent shooter doesn't have to keep a standing order for a new barrel every year, that new cartridge may well become that "household word".

I do believe this was proven years ago with the popular military calibers of the last half-century.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts