Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty folks! Its time for the 2nd sniper central postal match.

Last time, we had some charging rhino's, and Mulga managed a perfect 50 (barely) and took home the prize (a log book, which he exchanged for a year membership to snipercentral.com).

But this time around, we are not just shooting at 100, and it'll take a bit more work, both on your feet, and on your dials!! This will be a 10 round shoot, with 100 possible points.

First, here is the target:

http://www.snipercentral.com/targets/postal2.pdf
(thanks to targetz.com)

This target is to be printed on a 8.5x11" piece of paper.

Here is the course of fire, all shots are to be fired on this SINGLE target.

You will need access to a 100, 200, and 300 yard range.
Caliber is unlimited. Rifles are unlimited, Scopes are unlimited.

Course of fire:
Stage One: With target at 100 yards fire 2 shots.
Stage Two: Move target to 200 yards and fire 3 shots.
Stage Three: Move target to 300 yards and fire remaining 5 shots.

Shots 1-10 MUST be fire consecutively. Meaning, after you move your target to the 200 or 300 yard line you may NOT fire at another target to verify zero's at the those ranges. This is a test of knowing your rifle and ammo and being able to switch accurately between ranges.

Scoring:
The bullseye is 10 points.
Each ring is one point less than the immediate ring contained within. So, starting at the bullseye, the rings decrease to 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 and then 4 if you hit the paper. The 10 WORST bullet holes will be scored. (so no shooting 20 shots hoping to get the best 10 :wink: )

Targets must be postmarked by April 11th 2005 to:

Postal Match
2813 Carla Jo Lane
Missoula MT, 59803

This is all done with the HONOR system and is meant to be fun and challenging!

Have fun! And good luck.

MEL

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ok.........what about the folks that do not have access to a 2-300yd range. Right now I am stuck with 100 yd max. :?

(I have my application in the mail for a new club opening up, cross your fingers that there still is room in it!!)

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hum. I picked 300 because most ranges go out to 300. (not many are any futher). I hate to say it, but you may have to sit this one out.... I'll try to keep an even mix of 100 and other "longer" range matches.

MEL

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm in Caver's position, but I found some real good BLM land: would it be OK if I was able to accurately judge the distance out to 200 and 300 yards and set up the target?

Scatch Maroo

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, as long as you can get it as accurate as possible. (take a 100ft tape measure if needed)

MEL

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mele said:
Hum. I picked 300 because most ranges go out to 300. (not many are any futher). I hate to say it, but you may have to sit this one out.... I'll try to keep an even mix of 100 and other "longer" range matches.

MEL
:cry: nobody loves caver101

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
caver101 said:
:cry: nobody loves caver101
LOL, you shoulda known that one.

Great idea mel, Hopefully i'll be able to participate in this one....

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Looks like I will be sitting this one out as well, unless I can borrow a rifle and find a range while I'm in India.

John

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Are we allowed to fold the target to fit in an envelope? Im use to "official" type of rules... so i just need to clarify.

BC

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
This time I think we should be able to see the board for all scores of everyone who participated :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mel

NOW we're talking. Next time around make sure you add a cold bore shot for score. :wink:

JeffVN

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, things will get a little bit more tricky and interesting as time goes on and we keep doing them.

BC - Yes, you can fold your target, we are casual around here.

MEL

·
Registered
448 Posts
Jeff are you planning to participate in this little contest? If so shoot me an email I would like to talk to you about it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm in, I just need to find some time....arrghh. Not time for much right now.. :(

Will do my best.

Mel,

Does it matter this time if we sit, kneel or lay down?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
oh thats right mel, the rules as set down right now do not say what rest or position to use. Does this mean I can clamp my rifle in a bench vise?

LOL

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Bobby

Yep I intend to shoot this target - exactly when is not getting a bit dicey. Shoot me an email and we can do it down at Bayou.

Randy you got your ears on out there? We should make this a group event.

JeffVN

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
whoops - I forgot SpEcTeR. Are you in for this adventure we can try to get at Bayou early and take control of the short ranges.

JeffVN

You need to have your tour anyway.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Email on its way. I have the day off Friday and was planning to be at ASC all day.

Topo, Specter lets all get together and maybe I can learn something from ya'll.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Any one on here from DFW area that wants to get together?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Oh yeah Jeff Bayou is good with me. I just dont know where it is.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts