Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, looking for some assistance beyond the usual reloading manuals.
info: Savage 112, 300 win mag, 26" barrel, 150 NBT.
Does anyone have some proven suggestions on loads.
I am reloading for the 1st time. I am thinking of using IMR 4320, IMR 4350 and RL 19 to start with but I am interested in your opinion if you have tested this combination. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your reply. I see now I should be more clear about what I ask and how I ask it. I didn't mean to imply I wanted to exceed the loading manual max. load. I just wasn't sure how paticular I should be. The manual goes in 2 grain increments. Does anyone go to the extreme of loading in .5 (IMR 4831 in my manual suggest 72.0 to 76.0 grain) Do any of you guys load 73.5 grain? I realize this would take a lot of shooting to fine tune to this. Is this to paticular? Again thank you all for your input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man this is a cool place, thank you all for your help. This is what I have loaded so far. I know when I started this I said 150gr NBT but I am going with the 165gr NBT. RL22 75gr thru 79gr in 1 grain increases and IMR4831 70gr thru 74gr in 1 grain increases. What I plan to do is find the most accurate load with this combination then move .5gr up and down. What I am looking for is to feel very comfortable making a 400 yard shot on big game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.