Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Awesome.. did you get a criterion or shilen? I can't remember. When they are a good lapped finish, there isn't alot of break-in needed.. shilen actually wrote a break-in process noting its not needed but they just put one up because so many people would ask them.
What regiment did you use?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I got a criterion 1:8 28” 300wm bullbarrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
It seems like it runs well when it’s getting in about 120°. The problem is, because it’s a Bullbarrel, it takes a lot of ammo to get it hot. So I’m just gonna keep shoot again and learn my barrel. Here’s a pic from today @ 300y with 15-20mph swirly winds which kept blowing me a bit on the bench

·
Registered
784 Posts
It seems like it runs well when it’s getting in about 120°. The problem is, because it’s a Bullbarrel, it takes a lot of ammo to get it hot. So I’m just gonna keep shoot again and learn my barrel. Here’s a pic from today @ 300y with 15-20mph swirly winds which kept blowing me a bit on the bench
Thats what I luv about bulls, it takes alot more to over heat them. Looks like your shoot about 1/2 MOA? If you care to load dev on it, you should be able to get it down to 1/4 or better

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Thats what I luv about bulls, it takes alot more to over heat them. Looks like your shoot about 1/2 MOA? If you care to load dev on it, you should be able to get it down to 1/4 or better

Yea I was just thinking to go up .2 on a few and down .2 on a few and see which direction I should go.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yea I was just thinking to go up .2 on a few and down .2 on a few and see which direction I should go.

You'll likely or possibly need to go multiple .2s in each direction unless you just happen to get lucky and be close to on top of it now:) . It can be time consuming to find the most accurate load especially with good barrels like shilens and criterions cuz they tend to shoot about anything well.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
You'll likely or possibly need to go multiple .2s in each direction unless you just happen to get lucky and be close to on top of it now:) . It can be time consuming to find the most accurate load especially with good barrels like shilens and criterions cuz they tend to shoot about anything well.

Would you trust someone to Cerakote your rifle and scope? My gun is now 3 colors.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Would you trust someone to Cerakote your rifle and scope? My gun is now 3 colors.
A buddy of mine in here recommends primal rights.. I believe they do it? Maybe its called primal coatings?? I can't remember for sure.. I was going to have them do one of my AR10s but ive had some financial issues but from what I've heard and read they are reputable and do good work.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
We are Primal Finish. We work with Primal Rights, but are separate companies. I own Primal Finish. We are very familiar with Cerakoting precision rifles.

Our website is primalfinish.com

Our facebook has our newest patterns

@primalfinish

What kind of pattern/colors did you have in mind?

·
Registered
784 Posts
We are Primal Finish. We work with Primal Rights, but are separate companies. I own Primal Finish. We are very familiar with Cerakoting precision rifles.

@primalfinish

I was kinda close lol.. thank you for the correction :)

·
Registered
5,221 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

@primalfinish

I was thinking either a solid FDE for the whole rifle, or some sort of cool 2-tone.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
No problem:) I still plan on sending a AR10 to ya when I get financially good again

I believe this one is right up Ted’s alley. Ted, I was running low on powder so I bought 8 pounds of Hodgdon US869 for my 300WM (same in photo). Is that powder too slow of a burner? It’s the only one I was able to get.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I believe this one is right up Ted’s alley. Ted, I was running low on powder so I bought 8 pounds of Hodgdon US869 for my 300WM (same in photo). Is that powder too slow of a burner? It’s the only one I was able to get.
It very well may be, its designed for 50 bmg and I believe some use it on 338 lapuas and some cheytac loads.. ive never loaded for 300WM so I cant give real life testimony.. do you find any data anywhere that lists a recipe for 300WM?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
It very well may be, its designed for 50 bmg and I believe some use it on 338 lapuas and some cheytac loads.. ive never loaded for 300WM so I cant give real life testimony.. do you find any data anywhere that lists a recipe for 300WM?

Yes. Hodgdon has it on their “reload center” not for light weight bullets. It’s like 180 minimum. I use 208s and I’m moving up to 230s soon

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #137

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Whew.. 88gr is alot of powder lol.. well, they have at least tested it then and determined there is some level of performance:)

LOL… I decided to cancel the order. I’m not so short one powder where I need to take that chance. I’ll do more research with that powder by calling the company themselves and see what they recommend I choose.

·
Registered
784 Posts
LOL… I decided to cancel the order. I’m not so short one powder where I need to take that chance. I’ll do more research with that powder by calling the company themselves and see what they recommend I choose.

One sec.. ill throw some ideas

121 - 140 of 145 Posts