Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
maybe consider an action where you can change the barrel yourself, I think Savage rifles are in a similar price range, that way one rifle could server as both the 308 and the 6.5's :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I went ahead and ordered it. Between sales and promo codes it ended up being $200 shipped. I just couldn't pass it up!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
That's a heck of a score. I paid $350 and that was on sale.
I was kinda leaning towards .308 for nostalgia's sake but wanted the 26" barrel. but for $200+ in savings, I will "settle" for the 24"

Edit: I've also been searching for scopes and have really been considering a gen i pst 5-25 for a sweet deal (In my opinion) to buy as much ammo as I can and really start learning the basics. What are yawls thoughts on this?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I'd recommend creating your own ammo, more bang for buck.
That’s a goal but don’t have the supplies nor someone to teach me the basics yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
well this is the place to ask! (well maybe not this thread :) )
I have been hesitant to start this new thread until I do enough research on my own. Frankly, reloading supplies have been pushed to the back of the priorities as I look/wait for the stock option I want to become available as well as Optics and mounts. I did realize, I had forgotten to consider bipods. Currently the loadout looks like KRG bravo (once available) Burris XTR ii 5-25 in MOA with EGW 20 moa base and Seekins 34mm rings.

·
Registered
43 Posts
going slightly off topic, but try to find someone locally that already reloads, there are 3 of us atm that are using my basement for reloading :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not to start another discussion...but...I'm really unable to tell any appreciable difference between the Creed and my 260's given the same barrel length, velocity and bullet. I do shoot the 6.5's better than the .308 and certainly better than the .300WM due to the desire not to have my arthritic shoulder beat up...my 6 BR is even more fun. I only have one Creed and too many 260's so maybe I need a larger test pool to be able to speak with any authority. Frankly, my favorite 6.5 is an old Swedish Mauser almost a 120 years old, open sights and steel butt plate but it hurts more each time I drag it to the range...still fun when I can hit a 12" steel at 200 yds.

Stay safe out there!

101 - 111 of 111 Posts