Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, what I have seen is that the length of the case should be 2.015" last night I was cleaning some brass and thought I would go ahead and resize and trim a few pieces. I pull out my new handy-dandy Lee trimmer it cuts them to 2.0075-2.008 (only did 5). Is this OK?

Next question: The Lee hand primer gizmo says DO NOT USE FEDERAL PRIMERS.... Can someone shed more light on this? The instructions were pretty vauge as to why...

G

·
0 Posts
primers

Hi Caver,

I just discovered the same thing the other night while loading up some subsonic ammo. I like to use Federal Magnum primers. The chart as you said was kind of vague, but what I gather is that the Federal Primers pack a wallop to them. I do not know if it is a primer element issue but the impression I took was that they are also sensitive. Federals are all that I have used since I bought my Lee loader. I think they are trying to warn us that if one of the primers would accidentally detonate it could be powerful enough to set off a chain of reaction in the storage portion of the primer tool. The other brands they list are less prone to be as sensitive. I hope I made some sense on this.

As for your case length, I don't know the answer. I just trim mine to 2.015.

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts