Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I’m looking at the 338 ruger precision 18080 or savage 110fcp 19481. Can’t decide.
I've had an RPR .308 for a few years now and have been very happy with it since day one. When Ruger came out with the .338, I talked with a couple people at that range who were shooting one and they too just loved theirs . . . including a 98 lb young lady who told me how she loved how the muzzle break reduced the recoil and it being adjustable helped keep the recoil straight back. I guess you won't know until you try one . . .???

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've had an RPR .308 for a few years now and have been very happy with it since day one. When Ruger came out with the .338, I talked with a couple people at that range who were shooting one and they too just loved theirs . . . including a 98 lb young lady who told me how she loved how the muzzle break reduced the recoil and it being adjustable helped keep the recoil straight back. I guess you won't know until you try one . . .???
+1

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought the RPR 338. Have 25 rounds through it get used to it and zeroing the scope. Seems like a well built firearm, fairly heavy but to me thats a good thing. Recoil is just a hair more then my 300 winmag. Found a load that works well but will continue to develope that. Overall I am happy with it. Will be stretching it out this spring when the weather allows me to get to my regular longer range shooting area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the 338 lm savage le. As you, I get 1/4 shots. ie, at a 1/4 mile my bullets holes fit inside a quarter. I have a few hundred rounds through it and it still holds true. I also have arthritis, damaged joints and a few other issues, just mentioning as it is easy to shoot without worrying about future pains.
I have the savage fcp, i love it. 1" groups at 400 yds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts