Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a remington 700 BDL in this caliber(375 Remington ultra mag) and was wondering what you all thought about accuracy of this round and the ballistics.

I guess overall opinion to make it short!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
A 300SBT going 2900fps?!?!!! :shock:

My shoulder hurts just thinking about it.

That is a big cartridge, what do you plan on using it for?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The recoil on a BDL in that caliber is something I don't want to think about
but it is sure capable of handling anything in N. America.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
APK-223 said:
A 300SBT going 2900fps?!?!!! :shock:

My shoulder hurts just thinking about it.

That is a big cartridge, what do you plan on using it for?
Long range shooting I guess. Like I said in the optics section I got it so cheap and it is such a nice gun I bought it just for the experience of a big bore rifle.

Actually the recoil is about 2x that of a 12 guage slug lots of muzzle jump though.

I reload my own or I could not afford to shoot it

It has had 100 rounds shot through it, 30 of which where me before I bought it.

I got 100 rounds of unfired brand new brass 75 bullet tops 2 lbs of powder and 1000 primers the dies and the gun for $500

·
Registered
340 Posts
And you got it for such a steal because the original owner had to pay for a shoulder replacement... :D

Awesome deal though man. Should be a great rifle, sufficiently accurate (as in, if you hit anywhere near the target it should go off like a mortar round, and do what you want it to) and should be able to handle killing damn-near anything you point it at! In North America, Europe, Africa... Mars... 8)

Jake

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jake S said:
And you got it for such a steal because the original owner had to pay for a shoulder replacement... :D

Awesome deal though man. Should be a great rifle, sufficiently accurate (as in, if you hit anywhere near the target it should go off like a mortar round, and do what you want it to) and should be able to handle killing damn-near anything you point it at! In North America, Europe, Africa... Mars... 8)

Jake
Even a elephant or a rhino

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a remington 700 BDL in this caliber(375 Remington ultra mag) and was wondering what you all thought about accuracy of this round and the ballistics.

I guess overall opinion to make it short!
I have a 375 rum and shot a 1,000 lbs Large Brown at 250 yards running. Took out both rear and front leg. You have to lighten the trigger so you don’t know when it will fire or you will flench. I like the the 300 gun Nosler or 260 gun -good luck with both. I’d take this gun anywhere on any animal, including Africa and would not fear shooting 500 yards all day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts