Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
Just started to biuld new project and it got me all excitted. I starting with the #4 Mark 1 enfield and getting it rebarreled with a new 1 in 8 twist Douglas premium in 22 cal. for the 22/303 epps. the barrel will be a medium to heavy contour and all the factory wood relieved and reinstaled, bedded and new trigger and mag reworked for feed. have scope mount on order that will let me leave raer sight in place and also let me remove scope with out loosing it zero. It will probly be a mouth before I see it and than I get to start making cases, I can't wait :lol: .
I hoping it will be a good shooter, I have that feeling it going to be, I know my 25/303 improved on a P17 action shoot like a house on fire, Has anyone here build a rifle on a #4 mark 1 action
Cliffy out

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hey Cliffy! Welcome to the Sniper Central Forums... Sounds like a fun project. Keep us updated on it. And yes i have fired many Enfields... i like them all. Especially the SMLE No.4 Mk.1(T)... the sniper version... it had alot of action work and trigger work done to it before it was sent out to the front lines for the WW2 British Snipers. Very nice rifle for the time. I have a Regular SMLE No.4 MK1 that i made into a SMLE No.4 Mk.1(T) but its not a real one. Oh well... at about $5,000 a pop i didnt really want to buy a real SMLE No.4 Mk.1(T) since i wasnt going to shoot it much anyway. But its a very nice rifle.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Welcome aboard Cliffy! If I were you I would talk to these guys.

www.303British.com

Not too far from where I am, I think, and they know a lot! Drop em a line. The rebarreled Enfields I like are the Jungle gun style ones rebarreled to 45-70 Govt.

BC, you should buy one from here and have it shipped to you man, save you a couple thousand bucks.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have checked tham out and great place for imformation, also talk to the guy at Elwood Epps where they are going to do the work
Cliffy out

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I thought you would be going through Ellwood when I read your caliber. Thats cool. I've not spoken to em much but Ellwood Epps and Wesley Winkel seem to be good people lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts