Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I sabatoged my post on this last time so I'm trying again. Can anyone tell me who makes good .50 BMG barrels? I think I looked at Kentucky rifleman and liked the pricing, but are they good? Who else makes good barrels for relatively cheap? Any idea where to get a suplus M2 barrel? Dad wants to do that. And what about optics? What are some good scopes that are .50 safe? I like a high magnification, but tell me about any that really seem to work well. The new question: Is Gun Kote fairly easy to do? If not, what else should we consider? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, I have limited experience in 50 BMG barrels, so I'll have to hold off on that.

In terms of optics. The Swarvski's (spelling?), leupold Mk4's and other high end scopes have been use on .50s.

So far, I have been fairly disappointed in gun-kote. We have switched to teflon on the SC rifles, it adhears better and is not as finiky with the prep work. Though teflon is not as durable as gun-kote, but it stays on the metal better. We are also experimenting with powder coating.

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Good .50 BMG barrels... check out K&P. They make the barrel for the EDM M-96 Windrunner (worlds most accurate factory rifle with a 4.2 inch 5 shot group @ 1,000 yards prone)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks BC, we just ordered barrels from Montana Rifleman yesterday. :lol: Thanks though, I'll keep that in mind in case MR doesn't work out somehow.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Montana Rifleman? No, but I can pass some word along to them, I'm sure we're not done talking with them yet. I'd be glad to talk to 'em and say something about SC.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Yeah, every bit of positive exposure we can give SC that is from others besides me, and especially to one of my main suppliers, would be good!

MEL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts