Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
LOL a 6.5 X 284 Lapua will out shoot a CM all day long. That aint grandiose as you say, its fact
Well please don't tell two of the guys I was shooting against this last Saturday with my DTA Creedmoor out to 1150yds because they were having a fit! You can boast about any caliber you want but it's the driver that makes the difference
Sully

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Damn straight Sully.

The common 6.5's are basically 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Can't really go wrong with any of them as far as I'm concerned. Some are just a little "more right" for certain people.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Damn straight Sully.

The common 6.5's are basically 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Can't really go wrong with any of them as far as I'm concerned. Some are just a little "more right" for certain people.
I got my CM for one reason, to be able to get out to a match when I forgot or didn't have time to reload anything for my 260 and still be competetive with low recoil. It does everything I need it to do with factory match ammo, and with my DTA "of course" the changes are just to darn easy! What a system!!!!
Sully

·
Banned
2,249 Posts
One day... One day I will have a DTA. But before that day comes I would like a Factory Five Mk4 roadster to build along with a very torquey 302 or a balls to the walls 427 with a T-6 tranny and a stout 8.8" rear end geared to 3.55 (or 3.54).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Guess I stand corrected :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
unfortunately it looks like my budget will let me piece this build together piece by piece . so guess I'm starting with the action. if i can find a used winchester mod 70 ill use that , if not ill go with a rem 700. will be a shilen barrel . and a mcmillan a2 stock ...... i have a tikka t3 but I'm going to save it for my 308 { i think haha } . guess i could use it and buy a 308 later

·
Registered
250 Posts
You want a tranny with balls and an 8" what?....Wait, I re-read your post.... Never mind.

One day... One day I will have a DTA. But before that day comes I would like a Factory Five Mk4 roadster to build along with a very torquey 302 or a balls to the walls 427 with a T-6 tranny and a stout 8.8" rear end geared to 3.55 (or 3.54).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
yeah that aint a bad price, theres a gun show this weekend here . going to look for a mod 70 or rem 700. my tikka shoots so good i would have a hard time taking it apart . id love to build on a tikka action its just so hard to find a used one. all the ones iv found used i could almost buy a new one for. .. guess i can just look at this way i have one for a build later.

·
Registered
349 Posts
yeah that aint a bad price, theres a gun show this weekend here . going to look for a mod 70 or rem 700. my tikka shoots so good i would have a hard time taking it apart . id love to build on a tikka action its just so hard to find a used one. all the ones iv found used i could almost buy a new one for. .. guess i can just look at this way i have one for a build later.
Orkan can fix you up

·
Registered
35 Posts
Savage makes a 12 LRP in 6.5 CM. I have seen them shoot .5" groups at 300yds with factory Hornady 140grainers and the factory trigger can be SAFELY turned down to a few ounces Without voiding the warranty. The action is also smooth and it comes with an accustock. All it needs is good glass and a better marksman. They can be had for the low price of only about $1k. If I was not working on a Custom 300WM I would have jumped on one that came through my local gun shop a couple months ago.

Savage Arms SAV 12LRP BA RFL 6.5CREED SS 19137

21 - 33 of 33 Posts