Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Colt is working up an M-4A3 style combat rifle for the US DOD in that caliber but other than the Barrett im not sure. The main tester for Surefire is a retired FAST (fleet anti-terrorism security team) Marine and uses a custom made M-4A3 in 6.8mm but im not sure who made it for him... i know he had it custom made though. The magazine well is different as well... its not a standard AR-15 lower on the 6.8mm lowers... but Barrett uses a standard AR-15 lower as of right now.

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
this just bring an option, you can try and get a complete upper built for you. I know model 1 sales sells a 6.8 SPC upper. I would call sniperdog and ask him to give you his friends number. They build custom AR's.

Would be a way to go at least. And be cheaper to boot.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks spade for the recommendation, but the truth is that I have 2
6.8 spc complete uppers for $ 575. bolt, carry handle. I do not have the mags for them, but you can use the 223 mags until you get the proper mags. PRI has the mags if you need them. Let me know if you want one.
Sniperdog out

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
There is word of a MK-48 SF SAW (7.62X51mm Special Forces SAW) that is being rebarreled and reworked for the 6.8mm... ill keep ya updated on that if i hear anything else. The MK-48 is what i carry when i dont carry a rifle or a subgun... its my machinegun of choice. So im looking forward to see reports of it in 6.8mm. :)

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The MK-48 Mod 0 Special Forces Squad Automatic Weapon

The MK-48 Mod 0 is a lightweight 7.62X51mm machinegun developed to meet a US Special Operations requirement for a lightweight variant of the M240 ( MAG-58 ) that would retain the intrinsic functionality and reliability of the standard model M-240 but the lightweight and versitile usability of the M-249 SAW (5.56X45mm).

Caliber: 7.62X51mm NATO ( Development of a 6.8mm SPC caliber is in process )
Barrel Length: 19.75 inch's
Barrel Assembly: 4.10 lbs
Overall Weight: 18.64 lbs
Cyclic Rate: 750 RPM
Range: 3600 meters (Maximum Range) 800 meters (Maximum Effective Range)

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Well we dont really "fool" with anything... but yes we do have the SOCOM-16 (with aftermarket stocks) in our inventory along with several other M-14 variant's... however we do not have the newer SOCOM II.

BC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts