Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Never heard of em... but i dont do many bench rest wild cat caliber shooting... Id say buy a box or two and check em out. There prices seem ok for that caliber and the type of bullets they load in that caliber.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I've heard of them, but have never used their ammo. It certainly would be worth trying them out as BC said. At least they load some higher power 6.5x55 swede ammo...

MEL

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Try to find some factory loaded Sako brand ammo. This PPC ammo is amazingly accurate.

About ten years ago I saw someone shooting quarter minute groups with this ammo. The gun was a Sako sporter in this caliber. Not a benchrest gun, but a sporter.

During the late 80s and early 90s, Sako made a few short action L61s in 6mm PPC. The gun was a single shot piece.

Mad

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yea... i can agree on the accuracy of the 6mm PPC caliber... i shot a bolt action pistol in that caliber once. It was handloaded ammo of a friend though. Had a 10 power scope on it.. with a 10" heavy fluted barrel with a compensator... i was gettin .25 MOA groups at 100 yards with a 10 inch barrel... i thought i was going insane. :lol:

I have also fired another one of these bolt action pistols with a 10" barrel in a 6mm Bench Rest caliber (6mm BR)... i was gettin about the same sized groups at 100 yards... about a quarter of an inch 3 shot group. Once again... i thought i was going nuts. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts