Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im interestred in buying a varmint upper for an AR-15 chambered 6mm PPC. I saw this on (www.model1sales.com) and reserched the round. Ballistics looked good and since its .243 it'll be legal to take deer with here in CT. My only problem is ammuntion...I could not find any, just reloading data. I am not a handloader so does anyone know where i can buy this ammo from factory? Also, does anybody know of other AR-15 uppers that are chambered in something bigger than 5.56mm and accurate? I looked into the 6.8 SPC but decided it wasnt as fitted for long range work as it was deigned as an assault rifle round.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
There-in lies the problem for the 6mmPPC. A fantastically accurate round, used mainly in benchrest shooting, and hardly, if any, factory loadings available in the USA. Generally all benchrest shooters handload.

Perhaps someone knows about a small scale ammo manufacturer that loads a 6mmPPC ?

MEL

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, looks like they average about $20-$30 per box (of 20). It would be worth trying to see about the quality.

MEL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts