Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought i would say this but............

where can i get this stuff for cheap? Preferably not wolf.........

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess wolf would be ok for this gun.........I've never had an Ak-47 clone before. It'll just be a plinker so I guess I shouldnt worry to much. THx for the help.

Edit: do I want 122gr or 154gr???

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
This is a sign of the end times!

·
Registered
611 Posts
7.62x39

think apk223 meant 122gr or 124 gr as I have never seen any 154gr in 7.62x39 at least not factory loads and as far as I can tell there is no difference in 122gr or 124 gr at least not enough to make a difference my sks shoots either to the same place/places (lol) maybe a better shooter with a match grade rifle could tell the difference but doubt it.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Wolf 122gr ammo is what i use in my AK's and RPK. It works fine, and i buy ALOT of it. Ive never had a problem with it. I have 2 Romanian AK-47's with the slant brake and a few other options like that. I would highly suggest getting a slant break AK it helps out alot with muzzle rise. Also get one with a bayonet lug, you should get everything you can while you still can!

The Rifleman

·
Registered
140 Posts
Recoil said:
I'm lost, hehe. :lol: What am I supposed to be looking for there?
The 154gr 7.62X39mm ammo, kinda useless since its not very accurate. And unless you plan on hunting with an AK i dont see the point.

The Rifleman

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
So APK bought a SHTF gun...............good for you, everyone should have a couple!

Now were are the pics?

EDIT:
Now you need to go get a CETME for $298. (and a bunch of cheap 7.62 nato) I love mine and it is not a bad gun, it will eat anything with no FTF or jams!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Goodness, APK, I wish we had THAT prices - that Wolf's price is about 1/3 cheaper than 7.62x39 in my nearest gunshop!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
American Rifleman- It has one of the standard AK brakes, are the slants any better? Also, no bayonet lug, can you buy those too??? I know NOTHING about AKs.

caver- No camera :( <<< you know I follow snowy's rules to the T when it is possible. :D

-CETME??? what is that? And I am looking for cheap ammo as we speak, hence the name of the thread. Is nato ammo cheaper than wolf?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
CETME??? what is that?
WHAT??????? Let me just let you! It is the grandfather to the modern HK G3 rifle that shoots 7.61x51! A true battle rifle! The mags are cheap, $2-$5 each and they are everywhere. Sometimes they do take a little work to make them a nice rifle, but they are worth every penny in my book!! Check your parts count, but ALMOST anything that fits a HK G3 will fit the Cetme.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Recoil: I have had mine for about 2 years and it was ordered out of SG News. The same company still has them for the same price, $298 with a couple of 20rd mags. Note that it is not the one with the cast SS reciver, with everything I have found there is no need for the cast SS reciver. I do not think mine came from J&G, when I look back through SGNews again I will see if I can find them. If you need parts for them do a google for "robertrtg" He has EVERYTHING for the cetme, hk and MP5. And he has the best prices. I will try to take a pic of mine when I get to the guns while we are moving. I am stuck at work right now and it is raining pretty hard with this tropocal storm moving through so it could take a while to get to the guns, maybe next weekend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use nothing but wolf in my ak's and in my romak3. I figure that the laquer(sp?) coating won't hurt the rifle, as that is what they are fed in their own countries. I use the 7.62 x 54r wolf in my romak because it is non corrosive, non laquered, and much cheaper than any other commercial load, not to mention the 148 gr. bullet that my rifle seams to like better than the heavier stuff everyone else loads. The wolf ammo is getting more expensive though, a couple of months ago, it was $79 a thousand, and at the last gunshow it was $115. I heard rumors of a contract between wolf and some south american country that just bought a bunch of ak's, so wolf is working on the contract, not the commercial sales.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts