Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Its to bad that company doesnt make a reproduction of the Sniper version of the No.4 in original configuration... allthough there sniper variant does look very nice. To bad the barrel isnt chrome lined though...

Any prices on these rifles? I would love to get that No4 MK4T.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
the AK Enfield was just under 900 Austrailan...slightly cheaper US. Dunno about the T model but it sure looks good

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pretty cool! Don't know that I'll buy one, but still pretty neat! I've seen 45-70 Enfields before, but never one in 7.62x39. What'll they think of next!. :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Hey Caver, check out Gibbs Rifle Company. They make a version of the jungle carbine in 308 in the states

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A chrome plated barrel makes sense for any 7.62x39mm rifle. Cheap corrosive ammo abounds in this caliber. And while chrome plated barrels do not usually deliver match accuracy, who cares with a light carbine?

The whole point is to have a light, handy rifle to carry. It's not meant to be a target rifle. It is a simple all round, handy, rugged utility rifle.

Mad.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There is a gunsmith who has his shop just a dozen or so miles from me who has garnered a favorable reputation from building 7.62x39 converted Enfields. His prices are a whole bunch cheaper than that Austrailian firm.

Here are his products: http://www.specialinterestarms.com/#Enfield%20K

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have seen quite a few around over here as well as having read some reviews. They are great scrub/pig guns that are well made and can take a beating. However accuracy is average.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Sounds good to me...Legit usage around here is mostly deer at 50-100 yards. Still, I'd like a real jungle carbine first...Although...lol, I'll end up with one of those Lee AK's soon too

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
I'll end up with one of those Lee AK's soon too
Can you legally buy AK mags in Canada? (ie 30 rounders ect) :?:

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Yep, you can, but they'll be pinned to 5 :( :x

The only things allowed to hold more than 5 rounds that I personally know of are pistols (10), Lee Enfields (10) Lever actions (unlimited) shotguns (unlimited) and Garands ( 8 )

Thats about it off the top of my head.

EDIT...Forgot...22 rimfires can have as big a mag as you want too, and I think as long as the mag is not removable, so can centerfire bolt actions

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Unlimited mags on 22's?!!! Thats cool... you cant even do that in Kommifornia!!!

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Yeah man, Cali is harsh!

I'm assuming its unlimited because of all those 50 round 10/22 mags I see...Gotta admit, they do look like fun.

Back in the day, when I was just a little kid some of the guys around here would file down the sear on a semi auto 22 and use it to shoot rats at the dump. Somehow that, and dumps, became frowned upon lol.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Speaking of the .303 Lee Enfield jungle carbines, I got to shoot one the other day. I only fired 20 rounds, but on the last few my shoulder was starting to feel it - the rifle does have a lot of kick, and is great fun.

There were a load of toys we got to play with, most of which we were allowed to use on a 200m range. Rifles included the PSG-1, MSG-90, Accuracy International AW, G36 sharp-shooter varient among others, various Enfields including an origional sniper version, and a newer sniper version (L42), various MP5's including the one with the integral suppressor, HK33 and the snub version (56?), Mauser, MP7, automatic grenade launcher, vickers gun, bren gun, USP, H&K GPMG etc.

Fun for the whole family.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Re: re

Yimmy said:
PSG-1, MSG-90, Accuracy International AW, G36 sharp-shooter varient among others, various Enfields including an origional sniper version, and a newer sniper version (L42), various MP5's including the one with the integral suppressor, HK33 and the snub version (56?), Mauser, MP7, automatic grenade launcher, vickers gun, bren gun, USP, H&K GPMG etc.
Any pics? Who owns these? Sounds like fun. :)

BC

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

No pics BC, I didn't think to bring a camera, I didn't know they were all going to be there.
It was a shooting competition, Core Sam. I wasn't shooting in this one and came across this fun range. It was just set up by the armourers, most of the weapons being H&K due to their recent upgrade of the SA-80, they lent a load of stuff to us in the hope of future sales.

I didn't get to spend too much time there, and for most of it I was, well playing with all the toys, stripping them and the likes. You had to buy your own ammo, which was fair enough. Don't lynch me but I didn't bother with any of the sniper rifles, the range was only to 200m's and with not enough rounds to zero or anything I didnt see the point - so I just blasted off 20 rounds of .303 through the jungle carbine to see what the recoil was like, and put 30 rounds of 556 through the H&K 53 submachinegun / snubby assault rifle on 3 round burst for the novalty...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts