Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there is a version of the 700 P with detachable mag. My question is, what do you need to convert the regular 700 P to accept DMs?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
It would not be that big of a deal to switch it out.

You can buy all the parts at midwayusa or brownells. You will need a new floorplate and actual magazines. That should be it, though it might require just a little stock work, but it shouldn't be much if it does. It'll set you back about $100 for the parts if you go with remington factory stuff.

MEL

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, yes, I suppose it could. I don't know how many people would be interested in paying $75 or so for a detachable magazine option, but perhaps some would.

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Ive been curious about having my favorite LTR mag switched out to accept M-14 mags... would that be just as easy and around the same price as to get my LTR to accept the Remington DM mags? (whatever mags they use i have no clue... and M-14 mags are plentiful for me)

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Unfortunately, no. Robar does a M14 mag conversion, which is about the best one out there, but it still really isn't very reliable because its not a center feed magazine and its fairly expensive. If you wanted to go with an extended mag, about the simplist and best engineered is the one by HS Precision which is a center feed mag. It is a simple floorplate swap out. Price isn't too bad, the SC price would be $233 plus a bit for shipping. That includes one magazine. Both the new floorplate and the magazine are stainless steel.

MEL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts