Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 700P comes with the 40x trigger? Or if not, can you order one with it? Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again. Now is this trigger worth the extra cost, or should I spend the money on something better?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Glad I could help.

About it being worth the extra money; I don't know how much more they're asking for the 40X trigger upgrade...I also couldn't say if it's worth it or not. However, were I getting a 700P I would go for it so long as the price stayed reasonable.

As far as something better, the sky (or more appropriately your checking account) is the limit. :wink: It all depends on how much you want to spend.

Some of our other members here might have some more insight to offer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Jewel is the best of the best for a 700. Installed and properly set I charge $245. Most people don't properly set them. They just put in the 2 pins and send it on. If you want to do it yourself it's not too much trouble. Just takes a little time and paitients. I will warn you to be careful. Most good intentions turn out to be bad ideas if you don't do it right.

Don't waste your time with the upgrade unless it's cheap. The triggers are almost exactly the same. You just get a little more adjustment out of them. It will suck when it comes from Remington anyway so why pay for it?

Sorry too much rambling :oops:

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I agree with patriot. The Jewells are very nice, I also like Shilen and Timney which are about half the price of the Jewell. The 40X triggers also have external adjustments (you don't have to pull the barreled action out of the stock to adjust the trigger). But it does depend on how much they are charging.

MEL

·
Registered
109 Posts
I suppose everybody has their own needs, but once I adjust a stock-Remingon M700 trigger, I have never found the need to tamper with it at a later date.

The new Remmys now use a stronger return spring than in past years, but my newest model still was able to achieve a glass-rod crisp 2.75 pound break.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I've shot the standard from the box Remy, a Jered adjusted (2.5-2.75 lb)Remy, a shilen, and the Jewel. There is no question in my mind - if you can afford the Jewel, that is your ticket to happiness - that is why I have them in both of my current rifles (and will have one in my upcoming 6.5x55 Swede).

JeffVN

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
RISKEBZNES

The best way I think to go with a 700 Trigger is a Jewell. They work awesome and can be set super light. However they can be a little on the expensive side if you dont wish to spend the money. I myself tweaked all of my 700 triggers myself by taking the action off of the stock and scraping off the crap covering the screws and adjusting the trigger pull screw. I would not recommend this be done to anyone who is not familiar with a 700. 700P's I believe can have a 40X trigger installed for an extra price, but I am not sure on that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts