Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out if I made the right buy. I have a 13.7 build with a 1/7 twist. I bought a 77 gr 1-6 Vcog that hasn't got here yet. I shoot primarily 62 gr m855 but will hunt hogs with a 75 gr Hornady Frontier. Ive been told that the m855 is closer to a 55gr than a 77 gr. Should I have ordered the 55 gr Vcog instead of the 77 gr?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out if I made the right buy. I have a 13.7 build with a 1/7 twist. I bought a 77 gr 1-6 Vcog that hasn't got here yet. I shoot primarily 62 gr m855 but will hunt hogs with a 75 gr Hornady Frontier. Ive been told that the m855 is closer to a 55gr than a 77 gr. Should I have ordered the 55 gr Vcog instead of the 77 gr?
Hmmm... call Trijicon. I know 62 gr from a 14.5” barrel is similar to 55 gr from a 16” barrel. Not sure what rifle barrel/velocity that 77grain reticle was developed for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I suspect the 77gr is probably going to be better than the 55gr. The 55gr BDC is probably setup for a 16-18" with 3100fps velocity. Your 13.7" shooting a heavier bullet at a slower velocity will probably match the 77gr BDC better. Either way, you'll probably have some kind of correction required for your holds. Download the Strelok Pro app on your phone and chrono your 13.7". Put your velocity in the app with the 77gr info and Strelok will give you a graphical depiction of your VCOG's BDC with velocity corrected holds. Just learn your holdovers and you'll be G2G.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts