Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone has had any chance to test this rifle out, ive got one away here and ive been hearing good things about them. i was just wondering if anyone here has had a chance to try one.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, I "think" you mean the remington 700 SPS (Special Purpose Synthetic). It is the replacement for the 700 ADL.

These are the rifles I build the SC1 and SC2 rifles off of. They are pretty nice, but to be honest... (this may kill some people) I have never fired one. I think I have 5 in my shop right now, but they are in the process (or have already been) stripped down to just the action. I just get them brand new and go to work.

On the same note, I have several take off SPS stocks (brand new never used) available for sale. Lets say, $10 plus shipping? Anyone interested. I have one long action, and several short action stocks available.

MEL

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok, i wish i knew that before i orderd mine. you should take one out to the range for us mel, fvrom wat i have herd, they can shoot moa with factory ammo. but id like to see proof of it.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
The Remington? no guarantees. Mel's SC, .5MOA guaranteed. Probably the first advice this crew gave me when I joined was that factory made mass-produced rifles are unpredictable, and its true. Some shoot really good, some shoot poorly, the bulk of em fall into the middle. Maybe rebarreling an ADL would be good for ya?

Huh. I don't even own a remmy and I'm thinkin about that stock lol.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I was thinking of trying one to do my Choate review comparison with. BTW, the choate arrived the other day

MEL

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I don't think you can beat Mel's price on a rifle with a .5 moa guarantee. Looking at the post the guy is in NZ. That probably causes some shipping problems.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I was looking at a page the other day, I forgot if it was Aust or NZ...But they were able to ship rifles to the US and to Canada, so I don't think its that bad. By comparison, I remember the method of shipping they used, it cost 30 dollars at the lowest.

If anyone might know what company this is, they had a No4 Enfield they modified to 7.62x39mm with a picatinny rail and a detachable AK style mag. If anyone in the neck of the woods knows what company that is, they seem to have the shipping figured out

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
umm well i could probably bring one into nz, but it would be hard to get one into new zealand unless i came to america to pick it up

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
For a small fee I know a guy that can deliver it to you. :twisted: Just kidding.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont have that kind of money, but do u take muzzleblast as payment hahaha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts