Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is something i thought you guys would be interested in (even though its not exactly tactical). Mel and i have been working on powdercoating for his SC line of rifles, some of you have posed questions about the color options, i think the pics speak for themselves. The gun is a Mossberg Maverick model 88 wally world special, and now its very special.

This end is all business.

I know the majority of us are into tactical stuff around here, but if any of you need anything finished, keep me in mind, and feel free to ask me any questions you might have.[/img]

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That's a little different. Doesn't look bad though. 870? Neat.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
naw its a maverick...

Im assuming matte finishes are available? and what about patterns?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spade said:
naw its a maverick...

Im assuming matte finishes are available? and what about patterns?
yes, i have quite a few matte colors, various shades of brown/tan and a few shades of green(including OD), of course i have flat black. As far as patterns, for the SC rifles.. no... Mel would prefer the camo pattern match the camo of the MCmillan stocks, and i cant do that. What i can do is fades. If you were to have your personal rifle done this way this is how it would go. I would go through several differnt color in the powders dry stage, spraying each at random, this will creat a faded camo pattern, very similar to face paint. Other than that, the process of powder coating does not allow for paterns.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Very cool lookin, Dead Roman :D

How long did it take to do that?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
How about a stripped 700, just the rec/barrel combo?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill do a barrell and reciever for 60 bux, your choice of color, if i have to order some special nutty color its gonna be a little bit more(like 20bux) but i have many tactical colors in stock.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
OK..........who wanted a lime green shotgun? :lol:

Good looking finish though!! Got any pics of some OD, sevice brown or flat black rifles? I am interested!! NEED MORE PICS :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
caver101 said:
OK..........who wanted a lime green shotgun? :lol:

Good looking finish though!! Got any pics of some OD, sevice brown or flat black rifles? I am interested!! NEED MORE PICS :D

i sent mel some sample cards of about 7 different colors today, maybe when he gets them in i can convince him to put em up on the site, other than that youll have to wait till we get some guns finished.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Yep, once the cards show up, I'll snap a photo and put it up on the SC rifles page.

I shold be sending out 1-3 rifles for finish next week.

MEL

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mele said:
Yep, once the cards show up, I'll snap a photo and put it up on the SC rifles page.

I shold be sending out 1-3 rifles for finish next week.

MEL
looking foreward to it my friend.

and on a good note for us both, my grandfathers funeral and everything has been taken care of so ill be sending you cash soon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts