Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Would you like a weekly thread devoted to worldwide gun news and politics?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I'm indifferent.

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think thats an awsome idea!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Recoil, Great idea, and thanks for taking the time so lazy bums like me don't have to. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Whats the population of the UK? Has to be close to Canada's 32 million...Funny though, we're tied at like .001 murders per thousand people and here we are debating if I should buy a pistol or an AR first :lol:

Canada wastes millions of dollars trying to control our 130 or so firearms murders per year, and like 80% of those are unregistered guns anyway. A look at that list smartens people up.

Keep it up, Recoil!

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Well, heck, if we can call the British anything, it's orderly!

Thanks for the info...Man, Recoil is like the Jerry Stackhouse of this board, he just serves it up!

And I just needed to lord over a country that actually has worse (fancy that!) gun legislation than my own.

·
Registered
238 Posts
this is a very good idea, keep it up, plus you must realise crime isnt just statistics, its a mindset, and anyone who says canadians and the british think alike, are just bloody insane....lol

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
lol weellll, we do wanna be like the mother country, I mean...We have a parliament, our judges wear pouffy wigs, we write things like "colour" and use the metric system...Kinda like what America would have been without a revolution. So, we do kinda think like Britain.

But America is closer, and just sooo cool! :lol:

Natch, some of the good habits find their way up here.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Recoil said:
[
Yeah, like McDonalds, right? :wink:
OK, you didn't hear it from me. The US plans on taking over the world, but not with our military. Nooo, we are taking it over with McDonalds and Starbucks. Shhhhh non american are not supposed to know.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Oh yeah...Starbucks is Evil.

Hey, a few other things America has given us, in all fairness. Good TV, real movies...Traitor or not, CBC bores the heck out of me.

Recoil, got any figures on crime committed with silencers or class three firearms? I'm betting it's nil but it would be cool the see the numbers (or lack thereof)

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
Oh yeah...Starbucks is Evil.

Hey, a few other things America has given us, in all fairness. Good TV, real movies...Traitor or not, CBC bores the heck out of me.

Recoil, got any figures on crime committed with silencers or class three firearms? I'm betting it's nil but it would be cool the see the numbers (or lack thereof)
The FBI publishes statics on crime every year. They break it down by all kinds of things and actually do a pretty good job. That information MAY be on their site.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Might be wrong too, but I think the 2% might actually be the so called "Assault weapons"...Maybe it is autos though.

Thanks Eka, I'll check it out.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Good thing you aren't as lazy as me or it would be bi-annual news updates.

1/10th of a percent. Gee, some people would lead you to think if the public here had access to machine guns it would be the roaring twenties all over again.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Lets not forget that fully automatc weapons have been severly restricted since 1936 and in most states completly illegal. If you have ever fired a fully auto weapon you will understand how inaccurate it really is. Except for a squad weapon for suppressive fire, fully auto rifles are a waste of ammo in combat IMHO. That didn't stop the gangs from killing each other, but legalizing liquer did pretty much gut their illegal business and stop a lot of the vilance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts