Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, yet another ? from me. I just got my scope and the A/O is very difficult to turn. Much harder and slower than my VX-II.

Is this inherent with burris scopes or what? I know there is an allen adj screw or something on the A/O but I never had to mess with that on my Leupold.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't afford a MkIV right now so I got a Burris BD 8-32x50. Should be nice I hope.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Its very manufacturer dependent. Some are stiff, others are not. Just be sure there is not a lock ring or anything that you are missing.

MEL

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll leave it alone till you get it mele.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
APK-223 said:
Can't afford a MkIV right now so I got a Burris BD 8-32x50. Should be nice I hope.
I have a couple of Burris scopes and they are exellant optics. Very under rated IMHO. Like Mel said check it whaen you get it. I once ran accross a new Leopold in a store with the power ring backwards ie when it said 9x it was at 3x and vice versa.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called www.bearbasin.com (where I bought the scope) today and they said Burris scopes are inherently hard to turn. Which I guess is good because it will never move from recoil :D . So I'm not breaking it! That's a relief.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
APK-223 said:
I called www.bearbasin.com (where I bought the scope) today and they said Burris scopes are inherently hard to turn. Which I guess is good because it will never move from recoil :D . So I'm not breaking it! That's a relief.
Some Burris scopes have a locking mechinism that keeps the scope from going out of zero when bumped. You have to unloke it before adjustments. Call burris customer service and see what they say. They are not hard to turn, that is BS. They click like any other.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ekaphoto: They are not hard to turn, that is BS. They click like any other.
I was refering to the Adj. Obj. Yours adjusts? My Leupold doesn't.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I just read up a little farther and realized you are not talking about your cross hairs. If you are talking about the paralax adjustment, yes it is hard to move. If you are talking about the shutter, then yes it is hard to turn. The lens shutter has a set screw as well but can be a little tight. This is a good thing IMHO since it won't go out of adjustment. Sorry if I misled you, I didn't read up far enough.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
np, maybe I wasn't clear enough. Thx again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts