Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
havent shot mine at targets enough to see what it should shoot... just wodnering your thoughts on accuracy expectancy and gun in general...i know it shoots minute of deer

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I've hunted with one from what I think is the 1920's that was in great shape. It shot minute of head and minute of ribs on the two deer I shot with it. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to shoot it for groups, one shot at a coffee can at 50 m and I was off...I would guess 2 moa

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol..thats what i was figuring, i love that gun for some reason its just got something about it..maybe cuz i killed my first buck with it...

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Hey so did I! lol

Once you carry one and shoot one, you're hooked on em, eh? The one I used was my buddy's great grandfathers...still in awesome shape...Gotta buy one some day haha

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it was a 6 point...my second year of hunting, my dad still thoughtone of the 300WM were to large or the 7mm mag or the 264WM ..he thought they were to big for a 12 year old that weighed 100 lbs

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Well, there sure isn't anythin wrong with a Savage 99 anyway. Lots of timber hunting here so its ideal

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no theres not i agree, i was just saying theywere a bit to big for me... i had shot the 264 but it was still to big i didnt like it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a friend that have one and with good reload bullets stick close together at 100 yrds. Very effective on deer, have seen my friend shot one and it was the deer he "broke" the most!!

·
Registered
6,268 Posts

Did you ACTUALLY just resurrect a thread from 2004? Yes... you did.

This thread has not seen activity for 11 years, but thankfully you are here to keep it alive!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts