Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone spent any time working with an accuracy international rifle or stock? been told by some friends that work on that side of the pond that they are highly respected, but until then- i had never heard of em. i've looked into em, they seem ok, but was wondering how they compare to a good mcmillan or equilivant. oh ya, i am looking to put it under a Rem 700 in .300 WM w/ a Leupold VXIII 3x9x40 ..... also looking to getting home from this deployment so i can finish running the first box of ammo through her! gotta love the Marine Corps right? but any word would be appreciated. here is a current pic of my project in waiting... just ordered the bipods, and i am working on looking at tryin to set them up "quick attach/detach" style.... but it is somethin i got the time for over here in japan....

·
Registered
222 Posts
They are one of the best stocks you can buy in my opinion. They are more expensive then McMillan stocks it seems.

Do you think you can take another picture? At least on my computer it is really dark.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
about pic

ya... the pic isn't great, one i snapped before having to leave my last time home... i was on 30 days leave, they called and said i had three days to report in to my new unit about half way through, so i was in a hurry - tried to grab a few to remember it by at least. but here is another, see how this one works.

i'll have to email home about seein if i can get some better pics.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have the AICS 1.5 on my stick. It's fugly - but, very comfortable to shoot. It's rugged. The plastic hull is rough and tough. I never worry about scratching the rifle or anything.

I have one negative thing to say about it, the pistolgrip should've been a bit thicker. It's way too thin as it is now. In my opinion, of course. I think I might glue on some rubber paddings or something in front of it to make it a bit thicker and rounder. Fairly easy to fix...

All in all, great stock as long as looks means little to nothing :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
people don't steal ugly guns or trucks.... looks like i'll be safe with both then.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I like the way the AICS stock looks........ if you hate it that much.........give it to me...... :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts