Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Here is a pretty butchered translation from some free trnaslator thingy I found:

It was first a rumor, then bitter reality: the firm resident in Portsmouth/England Accuracy internationally (ENDS), among other things also manufacturer of the Federal Armed Forces sniper weapon G 22, registered this morning insolvency.

The 1978 business established by the dual Olympia-victor in the weapon ski meal Malcolm Cooper verlagerte itself of the Matchwaffenbau beginning of the '80er's there to the fabrication of sniper weapons. The breakthrough succeeded 1985 with the acceptance of the PM-models as a L 96 A 1 at the British army. Since then the business hummed — over 20 countries orderten thereupon in ENDS. Also at the German Federal Armed Forces, the precision weapon Arctic Warfare (AW) prevailed in a Klappschaft-variant against the competition of mice and Erma and was introduced 1997 as a G 22. After the death Coopers in the year 2001, the firm came in spite of full order books into the rolling, for the export conditions increasingly were impeded. Finally the largest investor got out then yet six months ago. Rumors according to Heckler counts & cook as one of the head interested parties. For after the acceptance of the Suhler hunt weapons and sport weapons gmbh in the year 2003 Accuracy could round off internationally that of waiters villages portfolio best.
I've tried to search american and british websites for news, to no avail. Reuters and Google came up with nothing. Would suck if it were true, they make a good solid weapon.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Its amazing it didnt happen more early... they have been selling rifles to the british military at the cost of manufacture for so many years... its just sad that it finally happened ... if indeed it is true :cry:

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I had actually heard the rumor of this about 4 months ago and then never heard anything else... I guess it was more than a rumor.

MEL

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am good friends with the owner of one of AI 2 barrel manufacturers. They have had thier suspsions for about 12 months about AI. Roumored to be too many chiefs and not enough indians.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hope re-organization is swift and problem-free. I was planning on getting an Accuracy International AE before the end of summer.. :shock:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I believe the reason why there has been rumors is because this is not the first time that AI has been in trouble. This might just be the first time they are officially in Administrative receivership.

I heard that HK was courting them and might pick them up...along with all the debts. For those that are familiar with English law and Accounting. :wink:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
It is true, this was up on Snipersonline last week, and the HK rumor appears to be true as well. HK would like to have them to go along with the semiauto Sniper rifles and Other rifle platforms they have. If they build with the quality that they used in My USP, I am all for it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Specter,

I'll be at ASC most of the day Saturday working with my RUM if you get a chance to come out. My shoulder should be good and sore by about noon-1 if you want to come out and fire a few off from my RUM.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
well if AI is really bankrupt the SAS could always adopt remington (m-24, m-700)as their new official sniper rifle. Even though AI do make great guns it'd be bad to see them, go.

~dom~

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Accuracy International's web site states that they should be back up and running by the end of March (a week ago or so). http://www.AccuracyInternational.com/ Im still waiting for them to update there web page to say they are back up and running.

BC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is an articla from the web sight

The World's Most Effective Sniper Rifle Systems

Accuracy International was formed in 1978 to design and build tactical rifles. The original ethos combined two factors into an unique package: namely the incorporation of performance enhancing features learned in Olympic and international target shooting onto a rifle platform exhibiting full military ruggedness.

The current designs faithfully follow this original concept but also benefit from twenty years of continuous improvement. These improvements are not cosmetic but are driven solely by the needs of the users, highly trained military and police units in over 50 countries world-wide. Such units are exposed to 'live' tactical situations on a daily basis and in the most demanding environments where first shot accuracy is critical.

All components are manufactured to Accuracy International designs to ensure that they are optimised for the function they must perform, something that cannot be achieved with a ruggedised sporting weapon. Products are produced under a management system accredited to BS EN ISO 9001: 2000.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
You should read independant reports on rifles... take official releases about rifles from the companys that make them with a grain of salt... they tend to be biased. :)

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yeah according to remington, the 710 is supposed to be the next best thing since sliced bread. :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts