Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyways Im starting to build a new tactical rifle to help me kill boredom. I just recently aquired a Remington 700 ADL .300 win mag for $200. My plan is to change the 700 from ADL to BDL, so I was wondering whether it was possible to rip off the internal magazine of the ADL and replace it with BDL hinged floorplate assembly? or will I need to take it to a smithy for some work?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
talking_target said:
I just recently aquired a Remington 700 ADL .300 win mag for $200.
:shock:

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
[quote="talking_target":1a6c25au] I just recently aquired a Remington 700 ADL .300 win mag for $200.
:shock:

BC[/quote:1a6c25au]

+1.... how stolen was the son of a bitch?
The floorplate assembly will (to the extent of my knowledge) pin in but theres more to change than the floorplate. One thing you might conisder is getting the HS precision m14 mag conversion.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Wow! Great buy!!

Now, to answer your question.

Yes, you can easily convert to the BDL floor plate, BUT, you will need to replace the internal box magazine and MAYBE the spring and follower. The box has to be replaced because the bdl box does not attach to the action with the little screw like the ADL box does. The box is pretty cheap, the floorplate/triggerguard is more, usually about $70. Thouh you may want to think of a good badger or other high end floorplate. THough they will set you back $300.

Hum, I may have a spare Long Action BDL floor plate I might be willing to trade or sell. It may even be new. I'll check. (I lake trading for gun parts :D )

MEL

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My friend's dad is a lawyer and so one his clients was charged with a felony and thus was required to liquidate his firearms assets. Basically my friend's dad informed me of this fact and said a 700 was up for sale, so I went to his office and bought it. The ADL itself was in okay condition the stock was a new synthetic model while the barrel's front sight had been chipped off the barrel itself had a bit of rusting in the middle, but i just need the action for my purposes.
All in all, If you want some cheap firearms, get to know defense attornies and prosecuters, it seems that there always great deals to be had.
And thanks guys for helping explain how to do this. And Mele if you are willing to sell some parts to me by all means!

·
Registered
383 Posts
But wait! We have our very own SC.com attorney on these boards! Of course, he never helps us out... :roll:

Just kiddin', another good place to get guns is auctions (not online crap).

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Swap Meets and Garage Sales... you find alot of things you cant get at a Gun Store at these places... :wink: and there usually really cheap. :) (Not that i would buy anything illegal or buy anything illegally. Nor do i suggest doing so. :p )

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
talking_target said:
And Mele if you are willing to sell some parts to me by all means!
Sure, 1 brand new LA floor plate from a new rem 700 SPS. These have the fairly rough matte black finish to them (parkerized?). $50 to SC members! Or feel free to offer a trade!!!!

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I wish he could help us like that....Knowing Canada, the Govt probably takes the guns and melts em. Real shame too, if they do.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i got myself just another question because im curious (i know its a little off topic). The m24 uses a remington long action so it can use a .300 win mag if needed right? well, basically is the bolt itself redone to fit a .308 or is it fitted for the 300 win mag casing and the .308 just sort of sits a bit loose?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The standard bolt on the M24 has the .30-06 bolt face. (.473) and will not work with the .300 Win Mag (which uses the magnum case head diameter of .536). When they swap the barrels, they also have to swap the bolt.

The action on the M24 would be the same as a remington 700 action chambered in .30-06. Long Action with -06 bolt face.

MEL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts