Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ad's are killing the speed of the site. Sometimes when I'm typing out a reply the cursor will not keep up with my typing, and I'm not that fast.

Also I can longer use the mobile version on my iPhone. Every time I click a link to a thread add pop ups come one and redirect my phone to buy an app. Yes I've cleared my history and use a pop up blocker. Its only this site that does it.

I know it pays the bills, but these adds are really dragging down the site.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Get Tapatalk for your iPhone. It will organize most forums in one place where it is easy to check new posts, subscribe to posts (through the app) and check participated posts. It is well worth the money and I would buy it again if necessary.

I bought the app before it was free and therefore it is ad free for me. I would hate to deal with a mobile web page on my phone. Tapatalk is much easier.

I use chrome on my desktop with ad blockers in place. They are customizable so I can tell it what to block and what to leave. Works well. I hate irrelevant ads and pop ups.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use chrome, I'll have to try that thanks.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I think we should get rid of all these sponsors ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I second Tapatalk. I refuse to participate in any forum that doesn't support it. Reading on an iPhone without it is crappy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I second Tapatalk. I refuse to participate in any forum that doesn't support it. Reading on an iPhone without it is crappy.
I agree.... I have a Kriss and would love to go on Krisstalk but they dont use tapatalk..... so I dont waste my time with a forum that wont get with the times ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
In addition, two (damn, got to wait 3-4 seconds between key strokes) URLs consistantly block going back to a forum page after reading a thread. I always get the URL https://insuranceslip.com/?hl=en plus two of http://gamefrags.com/r1?e1=3BQ1Lo&dt=d. I have to right-click the back arrow to bypass those three URLs to get back to the previous page. The fact that it has taken me 15 minutes to type this short post is the very reason that I do not participate in this forum. There is NO excuse for this!!!

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been running it ever since and have no issues.

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
Shoot. Ya'll are still within a calendar year.

That's just a beginner necro-thread by our standards. :D

But gosh, Harper, you sure do seem angry about our communal situation for only having 2 posts. Do you hang around and read a lot?

-Nate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts