Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there a lot of advantages with bolt action rifles, because the most rifles I see/know are bolt action(and semi automatic seems more handy/practical to me)

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Its purely mission dependent. If you are talking about stalking and killing a target, then yes, bolt actions have advantages, as do semi-autos. Just a matter of picking your priorities.

The main bolt action advantages are:
Easier to make more accurate
reliability
non ejecting brass all over the hill side.
less moving parts

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Advantages of a semi:

Looks cool

Chicks dig it.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
No Wonder I am still single :( :roll:[/quote]

hmmmmmmi just got a new ar15 a couple days ago.....and this really hott chick wearing a sc shirt came up to me in the gun store and asked me what i was doing tonight....................then everything froze and i thought: must be a jam????(another bad thing about autos) but not all autos jam

dom

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
Advantages of a semi:

Looks cool

Chicks dig it.
Also quicker for follow up shots, and in case Mr Murphy shows up and you get into a firefight a little better for that. Like mel said mission dependant.

But the most important is chicks dig semi-auto's :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
hypno02 said:
hmmmmmmi just got a new ar15 a couple days ago.....and this really hott chick wearing a sc shirt came up to me in the gun store and asked me what i was doing tonight....................then everything froze and i thought: must be a jam????(another bad thing about autos) but not all autos jam

dom
I thought he was gonna say "and then I woke up" :p

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well, Muzz... he would have to wake up in order to say that... i don't think he has yet!! :lol:

-Brian Shields

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

dom
damn i figured it out thats why chicks dig me... cause i got the semi-autos
yea sometimes i jam up too... thtas what SPORTS is for ;)

im glad some humor has finally been put into this long and endless debate

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
heheh, too true Jeff.

Brian, then I hope he clears his jam with immediate action drills and everyone gives him some peace and quiet :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts