Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, as to what is the lowest priced .50 cal rifle is?

Links is much appreciated.

Also, considering ones chambered in .416.

Daddy needs a new toy. :lol:

Jim

G

·
0 Posts
Accuracy for your dollar, and comfort shooting, the Armalite AR-50 is tough to beat. We clean up the action threads, put Lilja barrels on them, and bed them, they shoot lights out.

Here are some 200 yard 3 shot groups shot with the 750 Amax and Hod. 50 BMG powder.

Here is a pic of the stock barrel next to the Lilja. The Match Grade Lilja and 5 extra inches of length was worth about 160 fps. with less pressure and considerably better accuracy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Very nice 50!!

Remember you get what you pay for, so don't get a Hesse at any cost. They are POS rifles and some ranges won't let you use them.

David

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
The AR50 is a bad*** rig and the price is pretty good too. I would also recommend the Serbu BFG50 for a budget .50 It's a bit lighter than the AR50, and a little less expensive.

http://serbu.com/

Rigger

[/img]

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
s1, what prices are we speaking of? I think I'd tried to join your site at one time,but didnt know someone in order to become a member.

I have about three grand save up, the ones I've looked at so far that I'd liked is closer to four grand.

Also, be needing a scope, do have a nice one that I could use, but like to go a different direction in scopes.

Jim

·
Registered
157 Posts
I recommend the AR50 also.
The website claims it will shoot under 1moa from the factory.
I have one with the Nightforce NSX 5.5x22
I got mine from Sportsman’s Warehouse.
I bought with their layaway program.
They seem to be a hot seller.

G

·
0 Posts
Anybody shot the Serbu? I have read good things about it, but never pulled the trigger on one. I have shot multiple AR50's under 5/8 MOA at 600 yards with handloaded match grade ammo.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Shot a 50, never did particulary care for em, as a matter of fact, do not like them at all. Too expensive, and heavy, But I COMPLETELY support a person or group of people who wishes to shoot them.

Put a few down the pipe of an Ar50. A robust and solid rifle. Good platform. Again, not a 50 guy, but if I bought one, I would go for that. Nice groupings there for the rifle S1.

G

·
0 Posts
thanks, but I was not the guy pulling the trigger on those pics, STL was. I have shot many groups under .6 MOA with the AR50's at 600. It does take qualtiy ammo. I can't think of a place where ammo quality matters more than it does on the 50 BMG.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
s1 said:
I don't think that ammo quality matters more than it does on the 50 BMG.
Truer words have never been spoken hoss.

G

·
0 Posts
Apparently Serbu makes a heavy barrel version of their single shot, but the barrel lengths are relatively short. If you want a light 50 that is compact in length, it may be the ticket. They would not tell me on the phone, when their semi auto would be available for sale to the general public. I think if I wanted to shoot the 50 at extended ranges (past 1,000 yards) I would opt for the Armalite and put a longer barrel on it.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Someone actually has a weapons company called BOHICA? Interesting :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
muzzleblast said:
Someone actually has a weapons company called BOHICA? Interesting :lol:
You know what BFG stands for on Mark Serbu's BFG50, Right? Big Fucking Gun. I'm not kidding either.

Rigger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts