Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new here and i currently own a high powerd air rifle it is based on a chinease sniper rifle and is called AG 809 you guys may not of heard of it but i have it :twisted:

it is a very unique weapon as it is small (about the size of an AK74) its not very powerful but it does me

it fires .177 rounds at 650ft per second and has a range of "supposedly" 3/4 of a mile

it is a nice easy weapon to use but i want a real live firing weapon prefrebly the XM 109 or M40 does any of you people know where i can lay my hands on one as the gun shops in chezlovakia dont happen to sell these

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Assuming you are where your location says you are, and unless you live near Brisley, you are better off sticking with air rifles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Assuming you are where your location says you are, and unless you live near Brisley, you are better off sticking with air rifles.
is it illegal in the UK to own any type of firearm? even in .22lr?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

No, you can get full bore rifles etc, however places to shoot them are very limited, and it is very hard to get a license.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well yes it is very difficault to get a licence but i shoot at special fire arm sites i also travel abroad to shoot as well i have friends in the russian military who take me and my stepdad shooting once a year in siberia (only in summer but even then its bloody cold)

i also shoot in germany but not that often the last time i shot in germany was three years ago when i was a lill nipper

(i am 17 by the way)

·
Registered
994 Posts
sniper_101 said:
...the gun shops in chezlovakia dont happen to sell these
I'd imagine you're right since the country no longer exists. Did you happen to mean the Czech Republic, or Slovakia, the two states the former state of Czechoslovakia divided into? Please note that the division took place roughly 12 years ago, when you were five years old, a point in your life when I seriously doubt you were making inquiries into rifle purchases.

I think BC's nose was telling the truth...

Scatch Maroo

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
There's only one way to get an M40. Enlist in the USMC and be good enough to use one lol.

You can also save up a couple grand and take a shot at making one yourself. Won't happen in the UK.

Actually, neither will happen...

the XM109...Yeaaah... :roll:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Go to the local recruter and sign up for the Royal Marine Commando's. It will do you good.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
now I ain't good at math, but come on u physics buffs. I know u are out there. 3/4 of a mile at 650ft/sec. that is like over 8 seconds right. Wouldn't u have to like aim at the moon for how much that would drop? I know it is light but come on, even on a still day a pellet gun aint goin that far.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
APK-223 said:
now I ain't good at math, but come on u physics buffs. I know u are out there. 3/4 of a mile at 650ft/sec. that is like over 8 seconds right. Wouldn't u have to like aim at the moon for how much that would drop? I know it is light but come on, even on a still day a pellet gun aint goin that far.
Consider the source. Also note he is NOT using metric. I believe they use metric in Europe as a general rule. I'v never been to the UK so cant say for sure. This guy is more full of BS than a christmas turkey.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Not to mention 650 FPS for an air rifle is relativly slow... i have a Gama that fires 1,200 FPS and does the job on them evel soda cans :twisted: out to about 75 yards... after 75 yards even 5 mph wind blows it off target to much to be able to do anything with it.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Oh, but you guys are gonna laugh at this one...

Anything over 495 FPS here is considered a ******* firearm! So for one as strong as those I would need the permit I have.

Probably works the same in the UK lol.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
Oh, but you guys are gonna laugh at this one...

Anything over 495 FPS here is considered a ******* firearm! So for one as strong as those I would need the permit I have.

Probably works the same in the UK lol.
God, what will they think of next? I read an article the other day, the media was whining because the pendulum is starting to swing twords gun owners. Now many of the polaticians are commenting on these masacures (sp) and asking: What if some of those innocent victoms were armed and defended them selves? Would the killer have been stopped before he killed so many? The cops only get there after the fact and can't save people.

I say duh, no kidding. One of the columbine victoms pubilcaly stated if he had his hunting rifle that day many people would be alive and he would not have been wounded. The media didn't put that statement all over the place. I'll get off my soap box now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right allow me to spell this out

i dont purchase fire arms my stepfather does

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Well sniper_101

You are young and shooting ..... something, at least is better than nothing!.....which is no mean feat in the UK since the pansies started running the place!

I would encourage you to keep shooting whatever you can and try to get any mates who show an interest in shooting to get involved too.

If it has to be air rifles then get good with those......the one thing that remains constant is that things change....maybe, just maybe....the UK will return to firearms laws enjoyed by your parents and grand parents generations and your heritage will be returned to you.

Otherwise, ekaphoto has a good point.....join the Royal Marine Commandos 8)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Join the RMC and become... good.

Probably better to try for the Army first. RMC are... freaky hardcore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i know i have applied to join the RMC the only weapons i personaly own is the AG809 but i plan to get a real good air rifle any suggestions

all my other guns are air soft as i love air soft cant get enuf of it www.falloutairsoft.com

the 650fps is pretty s**t i know i only bought the weapon cause it looked nice i have a great desire to own a real weapon but my stepfather is the only one who can purchase them in the family

also when i said chezlovakia it did exist when my stepfather bought his AK74 (blank firing) but since the break up the check rep. have become slacker on laws regarding sales to international people but weapons do remain a continual problem there i mean you can buy a standard AK47 for £60 which is worrying

my stepfather collects guns so far he has quite a few some are real some only blank the uzi is real it was bought in hiefa (spelling???) however the blody thing thing eats ammunition like anything so he rarely uses it (i havnt had the pleasure to fire it yet)

as for joining the RMC well i did last year i am awaiting a start date after i finnish college

back to the subject in hand i have a budget of £270 can i buy any good rifles pref .22 and one that doesnt fall apart when you fire it

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

BSA make some rather nice affordable air rifles, as do Webley. I have used products from both companies and have no complaints.

Did you pas the RM POC then, or the rating one, or neither yet?

·
Registered
43 Posts
so far i have done the apptitude test passed that did my physical passed that and went in for my medical and sort of passed that what is holding me back is i am too light although i wieght almost 150lbs ???

i have to be a certain wieght for my hieght for some reason

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

A trick you can use, if you are still too light next time you try, is to drink a lot of water before they weigh you. Water is heavy, and you can fit a fair amount in your stomach and bladder!

Of course, you have to hold it for the rest of the medical. :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts