Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that the AI stage 2 chassis system is no longer being manufactured/imported to the US. Does anyone know the reason for this? I have never actually handled this piece of equipment and was wondering how stable it is when the stock is not folded over. I was thinking about trying to find one before all the sources dry up, but I don't want to bother if there is any wobble in the stock when it is extended. If anyone has any info or opinions on this stock I would love to hear them,

Thanks!

JRP3

·
Registered
524 Posts
!

I never heard why they are going to ship them here anymore but they are a solid as the come......zero wobble and lock very tightly. Here are a few pics of mine.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
mabye its just me, and it probably is, but i cant see paying 800 dollars for a rifle stock.....

mabye if it was like..... hand cut and checkered mahogony or walnut or something... but even then itd be more on a wish list .

·
Registered
524 Posts
spade said:
mabye its just me, and it probably is, but i cant see paying 800 dollars for a rifle stock.....
Just depends on what you use it for. It has some very good perks.

#1. It feels comfortable in a variety of shooting positions (not just prone)
#2. 10 round mags....this can be very handy in case you use different ammo (shooting though glass, long distances, fragable, ect). Can be much faster then unloading and loading a standard stock. Not to mention with numb hands.
#3. The stage 2 version has a folding stock. This cuts down your case size and make the rifle less prone to hitting a wall or doorway when slung.

I guess it just depends on what you need one for....not to mention the thing is weather bulletproof.

Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AI

They are supplying our military with the supplies that they need. That is why tha AI 2 is not being make right now.

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts